free website stats program inspection sticker | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

inspection sticker

In Texas an annual inspection is required for all vehicles. Cars and trucks 25 years and older are exempt from emission checking but all including motorcycles must have the safety inspection - lights, brakes and tires mainly.

We are allowed to use the plate that bolts to the license plate bracket for bikes. Someone could steal it and attach it to their bike. The inspection certificate has a number that identifies your VIN in the state computer but there is no way to tell visually which bike it belongs on.

Thankfully, Ohio got rid of that stupid E-Check. Emissions control..right, Talk about a money making racket!

Walt

in the UK we have an mot (ministry of transport) inspection done on every vehicle annually if its 3 years or older
this is to ensure that the vehicle is safe to use on the road
points checked are lights, horn, brakes, tyres, wheel bearings steering and emissions
there are people in this country that would drive a complete bucket on the road that would be a danger to themselves and other road users
i use it as confirmation by a qualified inspector that i have got it right and that my bike/car is safe to use
having a good relationship with both the inspectors that do my vehicles they will inform me when something is getting close to needing attention
although i think I'm diligent at looking after all my vehicles a second opinion from someone that does it all day every day and can spot a safety fault from 10 meters is always helpful

Brian

Michigan did away with emssion testing about 10 years ago. At that time motorcycles weren't on the list. If they do bring it back, which I heard they were, I'm wondering what other testing will be done such as your pipes and mod's you've done. This would give them a reason to check the decibal reading and whatever else they want to add to the list. Right now as of April 1st, cigarette tax is going up 2.50 a pack. Loose tobacco is going up 250%. We now pay about 85 cents a gallon tax. This is all for road repair. What a joke. Every time they raise taxes, it's for road repair. This spring the roads are worst than I've ever seen. I just don't like the idea of inspecting my bike. This gives them reasons to inspect alot more than just safety issues.

In Ontario we have E-testing every 2yrs. for passenger vehicles,every year for commercial vehicles,so far motorcycles are exempt

I have a plate for my bike here in NY. But I did hear they are illegal this year. Does anyone know for sure about the law in NY? Man, I paid $30 for that thing!!

Back