free website stats program inspection sticker | Harley Davidson Forums

inspection sticker

softail00

Does anyone know if the inspection sticker have to go on the forks or can I get a chrome plate to put the sticker I really dont like it on the forks I think it looks cheesy and cheap.

It depends on the laws where you live. We could use the plates here but from what I understand they aren't allowed to do it any more and it has to be attached (the sticker) to a permanent part of the bike so it can't be switched to another bike.

The local H-D dealer here in central PA will install the sticker on a plate if the plate is riveted or welded to the frame. They claim it must be a permanent mounted plate.

The plate is legal in PA now.
Ask your inspecting station and they can show you the law.
If they can't....find another place to have it inspected!

O.K. I guess I'm missing something here. What inspection sticker?? I live in Michigan and I haven't heard of an inspection sticker. Is this inspection only required in certain states? Is this just another money scam to get us Harley owners to pay up more money for owning a bike?

We're talking Pennsylvania state vehicle inspection....and yes, it is a money grabbing scheme...forced on us by the state, to further pad some politicians pocket.
Yearly for all private vehicles, and every 6 months for commercial vehicles....Just another of the many reasons that industry wants no part of Pennsylvania!

We're talking Pennsylvania state vehicle inspection....and yes, it is a money grabbing scheme...forced on us by the state, to further pad some politicians pocket.
Yearly for all private vehicles, and every 6 months for commercial vehicles....Just another of the many reasons that industry wants no part of Pennsylvania!

Thanks for clearing that up GS. Hopefully Michigan doesn't hear about it.

No problem Dogg, we're used to it. We've had to put up with it for years....goes along with the potholes and bad roads!! :bigsmiley19:

Back