free website stats program Injector cleaner | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Injector cleaner

Agree with Jeff, you are probably running too rich which can account for poor mileage and black exhaust tips. The programing on your ECM sounds incorrect. May have to go to HD for a reprogram.

Agree with Jeff, you are probably running too rich which can account for poor mileage and black exhaust tips. The programing on your ECM sounds incorrect. May have to go to HD for a reprogram.
If its running that rich You might need to change the plugs. they maybe getting all gummed up.
F.K.

If its running that rich You might need to change the plugs. they maybe getting all gummed up.
F.K.
I replaced the plugs already as well. I've checked all that I could so I've reverted to take it to a local Harley mechanic that is trusted by many in my area. I'll post what he finds and what the fix is.
Thanks

You said your valves are pinging / rattling. Are you running premium gas? If I run regular mine will. Mid grade or premium and she purrs like a kitten.
Definitely check your fuel pressure. The test gauge will plug right in where your fuel line comes out of your tank. Quick connect.
Like Jeff said you should be getting upwards of 40+ MPG.
On a whole different note, how many miles does the odometer show? Do you know if the cam chain tensioners have been changed / upgraded yet? They should be changed out at roughly 30,000 miles. Hydraulic upgrade will last much longer.

You said your valves are pinging / rattling. Are you running premium gas? If I run regular mine will. Mid grade or premium and she purrs like a kitten.
Definitely check your fuel pressure. The test gauge will plug right in where your fuel line comes out of your tank. Quick connect.
Like Jeff said you should be getting upwards of 40+ MPG.
On a whole different note, how many miles does the odometer show? Do you know if the cam chain tensioners have been changed / upgraded yet? They should be changed out at roughly 30,000 miles. Hydraulic upgrade will last much longer.
Wasn't really sure what I was hearing but I'm running ethanol free gas. The bike has 58000 on it now and the cams have been upgraded to Andrews 26, I believe, also upgraded hydraulic lifters and chain tensioner and 2 into 1 exhaust, all done at 30000.
I picked up bike from shop today and the culprit seemed to be the temp sensor that screws into the front head. He says he's not seen one go bad but checked out everything and it left only the sensor. Now it cranks good cold or hot, it sounds different at idle and running down the road and has noticeably more power. Only got to ride about 30 miles but it was without incident. We'll see if it continues but I'm for the time being I've got a big grin on my face as I'm twisting the throttle.
I've always smelled fuel after I park it in the shop but tonight after sitting for a couple hours I opened the door and no fuel smell at all.

Sounds like you got it then. Hopefully you will have many miles of riding with that grin on your face.
Ride safe.

With Stage I plus cams, the dealer Stage I flash is not an adequate program for the ECM and I suspect that is the program the OP is running. A fuel management system and dyno tune will make a noticeable difference in performance and fuel economy. The dealer ECM Stage I flash is designed for a hi-flow intake and exhaust but specifically for HD components and not aftermarket and not for the inclusion of cams which would be a Stage II flash. The dealer programs add a bit of fuel and use to increase the rev limit, not sure if they still increase the rev limit, but a good fuel management system and proper tune will wake it up.;)

Back