Infotainment Nav difficulty

Discussion in 'Communications And Radio' started by mblann31, Sep 4, 2013.

1. mblann31

mblann31 New Member

just purchased a 2014 FLHTK, after 4 days of many many attempts to "save" addresses in memory I've only managed to put 4 in memory, including my home address. The instruction book identifies what each option/function is, but nowhere does it say anything to the extent of "here is how you put an address into memory for future use" It is a major aggravation. When I plug my Android into the dash compartment USB port, it does not recognize that anything is there. Another aggravation! Long on bells and whistles, short on user friendly instruction/direction and these are so new the dealer has no idea either. Any suggestions?

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

I guess patience needs to come with all the new tech on these bikes, sorry to hear of these problems and no support from the dealers yet:(

3. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

That is a shame. My first entry level Garmin had a "save" prompt whenever an address was put in. The HD Infotainment unit is NOT entry level.

4. TLWiz

TLWiz Member

If the USB port is like the one in my car's glove compartment, it is just for a USB flash drive with .mp3 files on it. Does the manual give any guidance on how to use the audio system? I do doubt it would support Android devices due to the many flavors of the OS and many different types of phones.

5. glazier

glazier Junior Member

It might not be compatible with an Android. Maybe only ipods or iphones??? I don't know for sure, but just a thought. Maybe they made a deal with Apple to have it work for their products only.
    "Buy a new $30,000 iphone, get a free bike" :D

6. jimharvey1

jimharvey1 Junior Member

Would that iPhone come with a chrome & black case and a screamin' eagle screen saver?:s

7. Jack Klarich

The current HOG magazine has a pretty good over view of the 2014 model:s

8. jimharvey1

jimharvey1 Junior Member

9. Jack Klarich

10. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I watched the whole Boom Infotainment link the other day. I THINK I remember a statement that said it was compatible with most brands of systems.