free website stats program Infotainment Nav difficulty | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Infotainment Nav difficulty

Harttoo, is your cellular carrier sprint? They are the only "compatible" listed provider using the samsung s3 on HD's site that shows what devices are compatible with their Infotainment system. I must not be enough of a kid to understand why my s3 won't get recognized by my system, with the bluetooth discovery mode set on my phone.:dknow

Yes, mine uses Sprint network,but that has nothing to do with linking by bluetooth.Most important thing is when selecting bluetooth on S3 is to check the box that say My Device,then press scan when infotainment system is searching.This works for Me.
If You don't make a check mark in that box it won't hunt for a new paired device.Hope this helps.:)

Yes, mine uses Sprint network,but that has nothing to do with linking by bluetooth.Most important thing is when selecting bluetooth on S3 is to check the box that say My Device,then press scan when infotainment system is searching.This works for Me.
If You don't make a check mark in that box it won't hunt for a new paired device.Hope this helps.:)

That's funny because I called HD's customer service today and they told me because Verizon is my cellular carrier my Samsung S3 is not compatible.:bigsmiley25::bigsmiley25::bigsmiley25:

Getting older for me means becoming more and more cynical!

That's funny because I called HD's customer service today and they told me because Verizon is my cellular carrier my Samsung S3 is not compatible.:bigsmiley25::bigsmiley25::bigsmiley25:

Getting older for me means becoming more and more cynical!

That's crazy!!:dknow I went to website and it confirms that the only carrier is Sprint.At least you can use the phone with a direct usb connection for Your music,if You want.:)

That's crazy!!:dknow I went to website and it confirms that the only carrier is Sprint.At least you can use the phone with a direct usb connection for Your music,if You want.:)

I know it sounds crazy but that's what the woman told me. She also said there will be a new download coming out that may or may not fix this issue for me. I am hoping that it at least fixes my popping speakers!!!! I don't understand the phone thing being a carrier issue. It's a phone! Although I did just get my HOG membership today and AT+T offers discounts to their cellular service, so maybe HD is in bed with AT+T? Ridiculous I say!:bigsmiley25:

I know it sounds crazy but that's what the woman told me. She also said there will be a new download coming out that may or may not fix this issue for me. I am hoping that it at least fixes my popping speakers!!!! I don't understand the phone thing being a carrier issue. It's a phone! Although I did just get my HOG membership today and AT+T offers discounts to their cellular service, so maybe HD is in bed with AT+T? Ridiculous I say!:bigsmiley25:

I get a $9/month discount on my AT&T bill for being a HOG member. It more than pays for my membership, so it's worth it. No idea about your phone/carrier/stereo thing though. Good luck getting it to work right.

I get a $9/month discount on my AT&T bill for being a HOG member. It more than pays for my membership, so it's worth it. No idea about your phone/carrier/stereo thing though. Good luck getting it to work right.

And I would consider switching to AT+T because of the discount. Think they would buy out my Verizon contract?:newsmile029:

I have Straight Talk, $45.00 a month unlimited everything,no contract, and works with infotainment system.They use Sprint network which is not everywhere,but 4G at My house.

Verizon,Motorola Razr here and it works fine on bluetooth. Allows me to jump from music on my phone to pandora, slacker, and Tune in. I can use my handlebar controls to skip songs on the apps too. Don't know why they would have said your carrier would make a difference... it won't.

Harttoo and Tigg:

I just saw that you have Limited's. I assume you have the 6.5 system as opposed to my 4.3 system? I sort of remember hearing my salesperson say that a bluetooth module would be required for my phone to connect to the system. Can either confirm this?

I have Straight Talk, $45.00 a month unlimited everything,no contract, and works with infotainment system.They use Sprint network which is not everywhere,but 4G at My house.

I pay almost 85$ a month for my AT&T line. I can't imagine... how you can get by with paying only $45. Crazy..

Back