free website stats program Ignition Wires | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ignition Wires

I added the Accel plug wires (I liked the different color, plus they are thicker) to my '07 Ultra.
They are advertised as OK to use, you know.... doesn't bring in a code.
I have 7,000 on them now. Runs fine and no codes. Took the bike X-country without any problems.

I started using the 10mm thundervolt wires many years ago after seeing a demonstration on "leakage". What i saw was the amount of the spark that escaped through the wire and never made it to the engine. I noticed a difference with the thundervolt wires, there seemed to be less decel pop and more efficient fuel combustion wich equaled a small boos in mpg. I am no techie, and dont profess to be, but I swapped my stock for the thundervolt on my new ride and have seen the same results. Heres what a site says about em:

Certified Dyno Testing shows a definite horsepower gain using the Thundervolt-50® spark plug wires over OEM wires. Results also show the unloading of spark plugs resulting in an easier start, a smoother and stronger running motor with better gas mileage! Thundervolt wires feature a Ferrite Spiral Wound Coated Core that is a blend of an exclusive Copper/Nickel alloy bonded by a conductive acrylic latex cover. This exclusive process is designed to reinforce and assist in holding the core resistance to 50 ohms/foot. the fat 10.4mm wires also feature three layers of pure Zimplex® silicone, 600 degrees of heat protection, 102,000 volts dielectric strength with a tightly woven, heat treated fiberglass braid, and black "pro boots" bonded to the black

here is link Thundervolt Ignition Wires for Harley Davidson

Back