free website stats program If you could... | Harley Davidson Forums

If you could...

dogdad

I live here in New Orleans and like a lot of other people ,, really not working. I really don't care to much for Louisiana but have been here just about all my life. So , I've been thinking about the idea of selling my house, most of my belongings , and buying a new vehicle and trailer(for my bike) to start driving and looking for a new place to live. I could buy a house somewhere that I wasn't close to neighbors, have enough land for my 5 dogs to enjoy, no hurricanes, don't want the cold weather either, and just live a simple life. So my question is,,,,If you could do this , where would you move to?? Any ideas..?

I'd have to say New Mexico, good riding, laws and I could ride back to New Orleans anytime of the year I needed a crawfish fix.

I'd go West, maybe one of those square states. I love it out there, lots of choices to ride, flat desert and mountians. The terrian is always changing with lots of two lane blacktop. Biker heaven!

I have to say south Georgia is not to bad. Really doesn't get to cold down here and roads are not in bad shape. You can almost ride all year.

Go to the southwest. What you are looking for is stable weather, reatively warm winters, and mountains close enough to escape the summer heat.

I live in Alabama now and did live in Arizona. The southwest is the best, no hurricanes, tornados, just about ride year round. Lived in Sierra Vista Arizona, it was great not real hot in the summer and 65 ish in the winter. had a Harley dealer also.

Personally I would stay 200 miles from any coast in the Southeast. The country is pretty and GREEN (most of the time). I like the topography of the S. west, but it's too Brown for me vegatation wise. I can take a little winter, but only 1 Snow day a year.

Back