free website stats program IDS failure turned into a nightmare... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

IDS failure turned into a nightmare...

Makes a world of difference in the bike. You won't believe the transformation after the installation.

In metric circles it is called was called "rear cush drive..." used way back in the 70's to minimize the "clunk" when up & down shifting high horsepower engines preventing rear wheel "hop" when doing "spirited riding..." :p

-------------------------------------
Yea; I was gonna remark about how similar it was to the rear hub on Yamaha's of the early 70's.

When did this all take place? I see you are riding an '08 RK with 16k miles. You stated in your post that this happened at 4k miles. What I'm getting at is if this is something that happened last year, you are going to have a rough time doing anything about it now. Laws governing repairs and warranty issues vary from state to state but there is usually a resonable period of time in which to dispute charges. In my experience it is typically 90 days. If you are outside of that "window" you are probably in the situation which you described in the last line of your post.:s

If I remember correctly there was a problem with the bolts bottoming out before the IDS inner unit was tight onto the wheel. This would cause them to shear off.

Back