free website stats program Idle changes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Idle changes

Re: Idle changes update

Well, changed out my engine head temp. sensor last night. Rode to work this morning(approx. 12 miles) and so far, it seems to have done the trick! my ride to work includes about 6 miles on the hi way at 60 mph My problem usually shows up after about 5 miles on the hi way at 60 mph at the first stop I come to. I'll get more of a chance to test her out this weekend. I will keep you posted.

My 07 has been doing the same thing,took it to the dealer for this and a rear brake switch that quit working on the way to sturgis(it was on all the time) I have the extended warranty,they found an oil leak at stator plug ,so replaced stator,replaced brake switch then heard a lot of noise from cam side,found bad chain shoe rear cam,so I decided this is a good excuse to go to a 103. As far as idle issue no joy cant duplicate no codes,it did this about three times on the way to sturgis and back so its pretty intermittant,I tried cleaning the IAC at throttle body when it did this in the past ,thought I fixed it now its doing it again..Tom..

Back