free website stats program I want to upgrade the exhaust on my 2010 ultra limited | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I want to upgrade the exhaust on my 2010 ultra limited

I put Bub7 slip ons on my 09FLHX with tuner and air cleaner. I wish I went with true duals instead. I just don't hear them. I guess I am still used to my Vance&hines on my 04 WideGlide.

MY 2009 FLHR sounds great for the slipons i used V&H #16751...

seemed to run fine .... checked for lean up and down ... 3 gear 3500 rpm? no serious popping on throttle off position.... A little pop pop at 1500 rpm but wondered....

does fuel miles increase with opened exhaust and decrease when adding the air??? or???

HOW does this work??? I like my 45+ per gal and don't want that to suffer much... THAT is one reason for the newer bike....leave it stock... BUT I know that AIN"T GONA WORK!!!!

IF i also go with a flow air cleaner.... WHAT ARE chances it will still NOT NEED a tuner??? I can try air in near future then get a tuner ? what GLIDER says...

I've NEVER had fuel injection b-4 and this is GREEK TO ME....

signed....BUBBIE

The newer bikes "tolerate" a bit more mods without a tuner, If it was mine it would still get the tuner. They are running on the lean edge for EPA standards and more fuel will return a better running bike.

I know lots of folks on this site don't like true duals; however, I absolutely love my SuperTrapp true duals w/ SuperTrapp slip-ons. The bike finally breaths! My exhaust note did get louder but it's not obnoxious and the mid-range acceleration gain was huge. I may have lost a little down low but I can still leave black marks w/ ease. Now I just need to decide if I'm going to go w/ a PC V or a Thundermax w/ Autotune.....and then heads/575 cams and on and on and on....it never stops! What an expensive hobby, I love it.

Back