free website stats program I want to upgrade the exhaust on my 2010 ultra limited | Harley Davidson Forums

I want to upgrade the exhaust on my 2010 ultra limited

drcovin

I want to put some rinehart slip ons and a K&N filter with a download to the computer has anyone done this or have any thoughts or suggestions??? thanks in South Louisiana

I just got a 2010 Ultra Limited. Want to upgrade pipes and breather for the best Air/Fuel mix. Not necessarily needing more torque or HP, just want the engine to run well. A friend of mine gave me a SERT with all the software and cables for his 2006 SE. Does anyone know if this will work on my new Limited or is it bike specific? thanks, railmaker

If he used it on his bike, it will not work. One bike only and cannot be transferred to another.

Would you suggest the SERT or just the TFI and Stage I breather?

Depends on what you are looking to do. The SERT will map out the engine when set up on a dyno by a competent tuner and give you a good running engine as compared to the TFI which will also give you a good running engine, just not as tuned as the SERT will. I have run the TFI on many bikes and for a street bike, it gives you what is needed along with the intake and exhaust mods.

Is the SERT necessary? IMO, NO. It's overkill for these bikes and only gives you bragging rights but many still use them or the newer version of it.

It's like trying to make a high performance tractor IMO.

Can the TFI be installed at by a shade tree mec or do I need a real tec. also from what I read so for seem like it realy reduces the MPG what do u think thanks again GEAUX TIGERS

Can the TFI be installed at by a shade tree mec or do I need a real tec. also from what I read so for seem like it realy reduces the MPG what do u think thanks again GEAUX TIGERS

It's inevitable that the TFI will reduce your fuel mileage to a degree since it is adding fuel to the engine. If you bought your bike with fuel mileage as the number one priority then this might be something to worry about. Since I doubt if anyone riding Harley's bought them to save gas, I don't consider this a big deal. Actually, the main reason your mileage goes down is probably an over active right wrist after the TFI is installed!

Didn't anybody consider the TTS Mastertune?? It does more than a SERT, and allows you to save your original map to restore if needed. It leaves no footprint on the ECM for warranty purposes, is cheaper than a SERT and they have new maps coming out all the time if you like to continue to upgrade your bike. Just my $.02

Back