free website stats program I think waving is overrated | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

I think waving is overrated

What I fear in some of us is the idea that since it's a Harley we should act proud or tough or sadly both.

I agree. I really don't get all that chest beating macho act some put on.
It's like watching a bad 'B' movie. Life is way too short.
But then again I tried to act tough once and all I did was pull a muscle.

biker for 35 years an allways wave, well more often then not,and to all on 2 wheels. been a lone rider all my life. All my mates, bar 0ne, having quit the path of righteousness. and in England most non bikers will run a mile rather then talk to u. but since ive been riding my Roadie everyone wants a chat....Old ladies with deh "Blue rines" hair every john dick an harry an the dog wanna say hi......... man it's freaking me out..waz a lone dude biker line man for the county type ...now i gotta join the human race rofl..........:lolrolling

No one should get upset if the other rider doesn't wave back. Just the fact that we are all out there on two wheels should be enough. I will stop anytime and help another biker. I will talk to bikers before I talk to anyone else. I love being around bikers. I've been riding for 56 years. I have flown 3 patch colors ( Sgt at Arms), not 1% club. I have pretty much seen it all. Now days I just like to get out on the road and ride without having to wave at every bike that I pass. I love seeing a big group passing me, but just seeing them does it for me.

I wave if it is safe to do so otherwise i nod and have done for many years now
when i was younger there were many bikes at the side of the road with problems i always stopped to help where i could these days it is pretty rare for me to see a broke down bike at the side of the road but when i do i stop to assist
last time i stopped it was a young lady on a 125 she had already called for help so i just stayed wither her till her help arrived

Brian

I wave most of the time. Just two fingers down or I'll stick my clutch hand out barely and do a little "heey-ooo" and just flick my wrist towards em. I surprise a couple people and sometimes I am paying attention to something else in the road when another rider passes me, but I try and wave back whenever possible.

:)

Hello All,

Wow! I needed to read this...one of those weeks at work. Me... I wave to everyone on two wheels and on occasion flash the Hawaii "Hang Loose" sign. Two wheels and you are a instant "Bro". Scooters... I am timid about beacause I waved and poor fellow almost crashed the Veaspa waving back. Trust me... the next two weeks I am going to be riding while on vacation and you will not only get the wave but a stupid smile to boot!!!

Ride Well!!

I don't know where the waving thing actually started but it was nice just riding down the road and enjoying the sights and sounds without all the waving.

I started the "Wave" back on March 16, 1969 in Benton County, Tn., when I got my first bike. I waved at everything I passed and I guess it caught on...:lolrolling

Seriously though, if you get the chance, wave at a guy on one of those little scooters as they pass, some will almost fall off the bike trying to wave back... I think it's such a shock for a Harley rider to extend the "Wave" to them... But hey, they're on two wheels too.:cheers

Jack

Back