free website stats program I think waving is overrated | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

I think waving is overrated

Has anyone waved at a large group (H.O.G. or even Hells Angels) and if so, does it turn into something like "The Wave" at a sporting event??

I will agree that waving gets annoying especially if a large group of bikes. So I'll not wave all the time.

I wave, but not always the cool down low wave. Often I give a big old Gomer Pyle, forearm going 'tick tock' kind of wave. It gives the wavee something to wonder about for a little bit. :22:

Has anyone waved at a large group (H.O.G. or even Hells Angels) and if so, does it turn into something like "The Wave" at a sporting event??

When I ride with the H.O.G. group, usually they last guy or two will wave. Seems like they are waving for the whole group.
When I ride solo, I always wave if not at a big event.

I think for a the next big group ride will just stick this to my windsheild.

il_fullxfull.182820203.jpg

I wave at everyone. It's rare that someone doesn't return it. I ride in an MC and usually there are anywhere from 5-20+ bikes in our group depending on what we are doing. We all wave.

The waving thing can get out of hand if it's crowded. I usually try to wave or a head nod if I'm busy clutching during a shift, just being friendly!

2.gif
3.gif
1.gif
4.gif

I wave at everyone. Harleys, metrics, scooters, real fast bicycles, skateboards, women. I am your worst nightmare.
5.gif

Add little kids, farmers and almost everyone that waves at me.:D

I stopped waving a long time ago. So stop waving at me. I won't wave back.

OK then... I'll just nod at you.:p

I too have found at Major Events the wave is lost, But the friendship you make in walking the streets makes up for the wave IMO:s

The waving thing can get out of hand if it's crowded. I usually try to wave or a head nod if I'm busy clutching during a shift, just being friendly!

When in the city, I'll rarely wave. To busy staying out of the way of the cell phone-in-the-ear crowd. On wide open highway, all riders are fair game for a wave, unless there are dozens of them in a group then they all get one loooong wave.

I could see why you may only get the first and last person in a large group waving back. All the rest are concentrating on the bike ahead..:cheers

Back