free website stats program I have a 04 RK and | Harley Davidson Forums

I have a 04 RK and

Fourdogs

I read the manual ....sometimes the manual makes things seem much harder than its is sometimes....I read, and reread the procedure to replace the fuel filter..ok is it that hard..are can your everyday shade tree mechanic do it..like the cable adjustment..heck i have no clue if i did that right...lol seems ok ...but... my cruise started acting up again after the adjustment i preformed. I change all my own oils ...installed a chrome primary chain case...replace my OEM starter with the Chrome ...replace my master cylinders front and rear and replace my calipers...installed lighting ..and lots of things of that nature...for for some reason certain things don't click....lol so ..can a normal old guy replace the fuel filter.

It's not that difficult but remember to replace all the gaskets and sealing washers. They are not reusable because they leak.

I read the manual ....sometimes the manual makes things seem much harder than its is sometimes....I read, and reread the procedure to replace the fuel filter..ok is it that hard..are can your everyday shade tree mechanic do it..like the cable adjustment..heck i have no clue if i did that right...lol seems ok ...but... my cruise started acting up again after the adjustment i preformed. I change all my own oils ...installed a chrome primary chain case...replace my OEM starter with the Chrome ...replace my master cylinders front and rear and replace my calipers...installed lighting ..and lots of things of that nature...for for some reason certain things don't click....lol so ..can a normal old guy replace the fuel filter.

Seems to me from some of the previous jobs you've tackled and got right you are certainly heading in the right direction on the maintenance side
if you do have difficulty understanding what the manual is saying it may be worth getting another manual that describes the same procedure differently
for each of my bikes i tend to have 2 manuals the hd service manual and a clymer manual (i know on the site general recommendation is for the hd manual) i find the clymer manual easier to follow and understand but cross reference it with the hd service manual

Brian

Seems to me from some of the previous jobs you've tackled and got right you are certainly heading in the right direction on the maintenance side
if you do have difficulty understanding what the manual is saying it may be worth getting another manual that describes the same procedure differently
for each of my bikes i tend to have 2 manuals the hd service manual and a clymer manual (i know on the site general recommendation is for the hd manual) i find the clymer manual easier to follow and understand but cross reference it with the hd service manual

Brian

Thank ya Sir! good advice...but i gotta be honest i tackle most of the thing coz of two cd i bought that was recommended from this site, and they have been life savers as well as money savers..and the CD's are "Fix Your Hog" I have the "Touring Edition" and the Touring Bolt-On performance edition"...along with the HD manual and Glider and Smitty i will almost tackle anything...lol just I am gettin old i guess... I can, and must read somethings 3 and 4 times before it makes any sense...lol..in fact all the fellas here has pitched in on some of my problems...lol thank God for this site..oh yeah the ladies have also...(My wife justed walked by so i had to say that....lol

Glider, isn't it wonderful basking in the glow of being appreciated so much?? :D

I'd be happy to get this from my own kids!! :p

But seriously, to the O.P., we sure ARE truly lucky to have a guy like Glider leading the way around here....there's a LOT of expertise from our members in many areas on this forum, but The Boss has ALL of the bases covered!!!! :D

All we can do is try :D

As far as "getting it from your kids Rich" ......forgertaboutit :D

Oh Glider, your a funny guy...of course your kids get it...just it is not the "thing to say" in the day and age of texting...

Lets see: TYS N TGYH...NOW don't ya feel the love?:lolrolling

:DJust a modern day translation what Fourdogs said "Thank Ya Sir...and thank God your here...LOL...:bigsmiley22:

Now don't you feel a bit older knowing that is how your kids are communicating, as long as they can use their thumbs that is...well maybe not quite 104 years old anyways! :small3d015:

Last edited:
Back