free website stats program I broke down today but made it home | Harley Davidson Forums

I broke down today but made it home

KingHeritage

Today while cruising around the bike just shut down without any warning at all.I found trouble code b1007..ignition overvoltage instruments.I did not know this code at the time because I don't actually travel with the code list on me.After checking all of the fuses I ended up removing the Power Commander III and plugged back into the stock ECM.The bike started(thankfully because I was no where near home and had the wife with me)right up.After re-connecting the stock O2 sensors,I was on my way.What happened and is this problem common with PCIII's?

There have been some PC III failures and some have taken the ECM out with them. You're not alone here.

Believe me Bro,being broke down in the middle of nowhere,I was very alone at one point today.Is it time for a TFI? Under warranty or not I'm not so sure I want to stick with the PCIII.

I have mixed feelings about the PC unit myself. It seems like I'm hearing more and more of them going bad lately.

Your choice as to which way to go here. I like the TFI for the ease of installation and setup myself.

It is a lot easier to disconnect a PC module and re-hook to the ECM than it is to have a TFI or whatever that connects to your injectors that puke out and then have to consider roadside work(loosen up gas tank,wiggle your hands like a surgen to unhook things),to reconnect the injector plugs...YUK!...Power commander IS the way to go!!..You don't have a limp home mode on any thing else!!

It is a lot easier to disconnect a PC module and re-hook to the ECM than it is to have a TFI or whatever that connects to your injectors that puke out and then have to consider roadside work(loosen up gas tank,wiggle your hands like a surgen to unhook things),to reconnect the injector plugs...YUK!...Power commander IS the way to go!!..You don't have a limp home mode on any thing else!!

Sure about that?

How about if you just dial the pots back to ZERO on the TFI ?:D

I feel the same too. There's a trust that once it fails you it over, can't feel secure after that.

yes it is hard to trust something once it leaves ya ...any chance it was a water issue or vibration ?

Back