free website stats program I Am CANADIAN | Page 17 | Harley Davidson Forums

I Am CANADIAN

Thank you all for your very informative replies.
Whew! Tough crowd.
BTW...if I had wanted general information, I imagine I would have requested general information...which probably would not have been very helpful. Instead, I guess I made a big error in requesting specific information. So, in the future, I will be more careful in how I put a request forward...or maybe I need to reword this.

Does anyone have an opinion on how I should perhaps ask a question on this...or maybe any other forum? I don't need specific replies...just general ones will do.
Thanks in advance...or maybe I shouldn't thank anyone....just yet.

BTW...if I had wanted general information, I imagine I would have requested general information...which probably would not have been very helpful. Instead, I guess I made a big error in requesting specific information. So, in the future, I will be more careful in how I put a request forward...or maybe I need to reword this.

My point was that by asking such a specific question, you automatically reduce the chances of someone answering and giving you the exact info you need. Like looking for a needle in a haystack. If you choose to ask such questions, you need to have realistic expectations about how much feedback you'll get. You can ask anything you like in any way that you like (as long as it's within the forum rules) but don't expect dozens of answers.

Thank you all for your very informative replies. --- Your welcome !

Whew! Tough crowd. ---- Not really!

BTW...if I had wanted general information, I imagine I would have requested general information...which probably would not have been very helpful. Instead, I guess I made a big error in requesting specific information. So, in the future, I will be more careful in how I put a request forward...or maybe I need to reword this. ---- No error in requesting specifi info maybe no one knows how much it would cost to ship your bike over there and back!

Does anyone have an opinion on how I should perhaps ask a question on this...or maybe any other forum? I don't need specific replies...just general ones will do. ----- Here's my opinion about another forum , You might have recieved info that you didnt want to hear or what you could do with your question and the slight 'tude your showing but not on HDT you wont. If someone has a specific answer for your specific question they would have commented.

---- Maybe you should say thanks because this hasnt been deleted since its considered "Highjacking a thread"!

Wow!!! January 21st, 2007 was first post...here we are at end of September 2010 and post #171....not the most active forum. I posted a question 218 days ago and haven't had a reply yet.
Think I will head over to HDxxxxxx forum. Seems like that is where the action is.

What? log in and read we are very active all day and night, check the other forums, you will be back this is THE BEST on the WEB PERIOD, caps intended:p

Thank you all for your very informative replies.
Whew! Tough crowd.

Does anyone have an opinion on how I should perhaps ask a question on this...or maybe any other forum? I don't need specific replies...just general ones will do.

Gotta,

This crowd is actually very nice and helpful. I think your recent post in this thread was somewhat critical of the forum and the suggestion of looking at other forums as a better alternative isn't going to prompt the kind of response you're looking for. Your post here wasn't even related to the area it was posted in. So, you're gonna be subjected to a few responses that defend the forum and remarks that suggest how to improve asking for the information you seek.

I think if you had went back (I don't know if it's too old and closed now) to the post that had no response and posted a short time afterwards and maybe came at it another way, you might have got at least a response. After a few weeks, it moves down the board and no one sees it so, it gets lost.

You gotta admit, the original unanswered question you asked isn't something that many people have experience in. Doesn't matter what forum you visit. But hey, the option to go somewhere else to ask questions is always available. That's the magic of the Internet.

Cheers and good luck.

Just found this site,been on the others we'll wait and see. They all seem very informative. Well hello from Edmonton. The last 2 days 40 cm of snow winter is way to long.

Badgerbob; welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of great help and people here. Just remember the rules cause the Mods don't put up with any bad stuff. I know what you mean about the snow winter being too long. I lived in Edm for 10 yrs and N Ont before that. Been out by the coast for 3 yrs now, and I truly don't miss the snow. lol:)

Badgerbob; welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of great help and people here. Just remember the rules cause the Mods don't put up with any bad stuff. I know what you mean about the snow winter being too long. I lived in Edm for 10 yrs and N Ont before that. Been out by the coast for 3 yrs now, and I truly don't miss the snow. lol:)

SixPac, you live in a truly beautiful part of the world there in BC my friend. We were in BC and Alberta in May last year, after two previous trips over the years to Ontario. Lake Louse and Banff were especially awe inspiring. I had never seen a frozen lake before so we stayed at Lake Louise for quite a few hours, with me just gawking......:bigsmiley17:

Back