free website stats program Hydraulic or easy pull clutch? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hydraulic or easy pull clutch?

Thanks everyone for answering my question about open vs. closed primaries. The open primary in the picture looks awesome. And my apologies to the original poster for hijacking his thread.

There ya go, we have a gentleman here :s

yall did'nt mention how OUTRAGEOUSLY over priced primary belts are. Another thang we all generally know to be correct-- that belt had better be tracking perfectly true and stay that way or you'll encounter a slue of additional problems. We wont even mention the NOISE FACTOR. Now dont get me wrong-- visually a belt looks real cool,,,, but i'm far more for functionality than looks. And i'll toss this out-- not 1 single horsepower gained through the use of a belt vs a chain. THEY DO LOOK COOL HOWEVER....................

I had a clutch cable break on me saturday. I was lucky enough to have an extra one. A friend had to go get it out of the garage. But I have been thinking about going with a hydraulic, or an easy pull system. They are pricey but no more broken cables in the middle of well you know where. I have been looking at them, not to much to them just another hyd. line to bleed. The easy pull just bolts on, is it really 40% or 50% easyer. Is it easyer on the cable. Replaceing a cable every 2000 miles or so can cost $ also.

As Glider says EZ clutch (Ball & Ramp part) only about $35 and easy to install...AND replacement of that cable should have been under warranty, as no cable should break in a year. HD dealer should have replaced it at no charge...inside 2000 miles is crazy short. :small3d015:

I have not tried to get it replaced yet, but I will. Hey Jim B. I dont think you hijacked the thread. No biggie brother. As far as open belt primary's, Like hobbit said it really hooks up. It is from the track and should be respected. I could have went with a closed wet primary when i built this bike. Cost wise it's really only a small difference. A seasoned mechanic should do the install. Alignment is very important open or closed. And it does look really cool, and very loud. The noise is for me the biggest draw back. I like them. Which is why I am replying to this post. 10,000 bikers 10,000 different bikes. Build it Ride it "zoo-mon"

wonder about stator life since they are not soaked in oil maybe last longer.. but would rain cause more problems.. I like the belt drive they for sure look and sound cool

LOL I guess I will have to keep you all posted on that. There is a thin polished alluminum plate behind the pulley. That serve's as a sheild for debrie. Not water though. Water kinda goes where ever it wants. I have used the open belts with 0 complaint's.

Back