free website stats program How often | Harley Davidson Forums

How often

pookibr

do you check everything before you ride. I know you are supposed to do a check each time. I confess, I dont. :15:

I must say about once a week I will go give the bike some TLC. A little shine here and a little rub there check the tires and pull the dip sticks. The bike doesn't need oil between changes and there are no obivous leaks from trans or primary, so I feel comfortable with a once a week program.

The oil not every time but I will give the bike a good visual check real quick to make sure nothings wrong!

Before each ride, a quick overview on the motorcycle, quick clean before starting (dust).
Check lights after starting.
Quick clean when I come back, the moisquitos are not in harmony with my chrome and paint.
Once a week, oil, belt (just a pressure on it)
Once a month, tire pressure

I give a quick visual each time and a closer inspection about once a week. If I ride more, it's more and if I ride less, it's less. Lately it's been less.

I'm guilty. Rarely. When I have not ridden it for a while I will do a fairly thorough check, tire pressure oil...However, on a typical day, I hop on, lights come on and away I go. As for cleaning, I'm bad at that too, maybe once a month, else I would spend hours out there cleaning bugs and such off and my wife would kill me. It is bad enough it usually takes me an extra 10-15 minutes to get home from work when I ride, if I added cleaning to that I am sure my bike and me would be hurting.

I am guilty as most, but recently have learned (from this site mostly) the importance of tire pressure. It really is a matter of life and death. I have since payed much more attention and am amazed how often it needs adjustment. Not from leakage but from temperature and load changes. I feel lucky I have not had a failure. Ride safe.

Walleye I totally agree. I got new tires last year and never bothered to check tire presssure. THEY'RE NEW, WHY DO I NEED TO CHECK PRESSURE. Last week I went for a ride and almost lost it due to a high speed wobble. The only thing I could think of was, I SHOULD CHECKED THE AIR.

When I got back home, I found both tires at 25 LBS. I got careless and it wont happen again

Back