free website stats program Houston, Tx to Bethal, New York | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Houston, Tx to Bethal, New York

Oh Yeah, cant wait. We have the Hill country down here in Texas and i just love going there, and i can just imagine the Blue Ridge mountains an even better ride

Well, our day to leave on vacation is getting closer. This friday sometimes in the afternoon we will be headed out. got the oil changed and will probably get some hwy pegs thursday after work. got our MP3 player loaded up with some tunes, just need to go to best buy and get the connection cable from the MP3 player to the radio

Have a great, safe trip and keep us up to date when you can.

Also, I wouldn't leave the installatiion of the highway pegs until the last minute. Unless you're lucky, they seldom end up in the perfect position the first time you put them on. Install them, go for a short ride, readjust, go for another short ride, repeat as necessary.

just need to go to best buy and get the connection cable from the MP3 player to the radio

Try Radio Shack, Best Buy didn't have one in stock when I went and Radio Shack will have it in Black or White, 12", 18" or 24".

Have fun, stay safe, keep us posted!

Well, our day to leave on vacation is getting closer. This friday sometimes in the afternoon we will be headed out. got the oil changed and will probably get some hwy pegs thursday after work. got our MP3 player loaded up with some tunes, just need to go to best buy and get the connection cable from the MP3 player to the radio

In addition to my short mp3 cable, I got a 36" also. I ran it under the tank and up through the backrest opening in the seat. Now my wife can select the tunes. More importantly, it gives her something to fuss with when she gets bored.:newsmile077:
No need to remove or lift tank, I fished a straightened coat hanger back to front, then taped the cable to it, and pulled it through. A tiny zip tie to a cable at the neck keeps it handy.

In addition to my short mp3 cable, I got a 36" also. I ran it under the tank and up through the backrest opening in the seat. Now my wife can select the tunes. More importantly, it gives her something to fuss with when she gets bored.:newsmile077:
No need to remove or lift tank, I fished a straightened coat hanger back to front, then taped the cable to it, and pulled it through. A tiny zip tie to a cable at the neck keeps it handy.

Better hope she doesn't nod off and drop it! :p

Day 1 / 280 miles

From our home in Houston to Baton Rouge. Finally got off work around 2:30 and left the house at 3:00. I-10 was slow at times until we reached Louisianna. Had dinner in Iowa, Louisiana at the Pitt Grill, nothing to write home about, but better than fast food. Road over the swamps on that long (EDIT) bridge. Arrived at the Best Western in Baton Rouge around 9:00 took a swim then a shower. Hope to be close to Tennessee by tomorrow night at this time. Check out my blog for picks.

MotorCycle Adventures by Mark: Day 1 / 280 miles

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 2 / 475 miles

Well, after 475 miles we finally called it a day. We slept in this morning. it was 8:30 before we got up and by the time we got packed and loaded up, ate breakfast, it was 10 o'clock. thats ok though as we are on vacation and we are not on any time schedule. We took hwy 12 to hwy 59 north at Slidel. Hwy 59 is a pretty nice road. trees lined both sides of the hwy. Not a whole lot of traffic so most of the way we were going 80 mph. Boy was it a hot one today. 475 miles is not a whole lot of miles to do in one day, but for those that travel by two wheels know that most of the time you useally dont cover the same amount of miles as you would in a car. We would take a break about every 100 miles or so and then get back on and go about 80 miles and stop for gas and another break. Before we left, Loray bought a camel back. its a container that you can put ice and water in it and as your traveling you can get a good, cool drink of water. As some of you know, traveling by bike, getting dehydrated is comon thing, so with this heat, drinking water is a very good thing. in days past, I would have put some beer in there and felt just fine, but now I'm a little wiser and so water it is. There wasnt a whole lot of scenry to see on todays journey, but when we got on the other side of Birmingham, it changed for the better as we started to see a few hills. I call them mountains as coming from Odessa, any land that has a rise in it, to me, its a mountain. Around Odessa, its nothing but flat land as far as you can see. traveling by motorcycle is a wonderful way to see this great land of ours. you just get a whole new perspective on traveling.. Anyway, the scenery should be alot better starting tomorrow. Well, I found out my intercom does not have a mute button on it. Dang it. So far, this has been a great trip. The cagers have behave themselves. We called it a day at a place called Gadsden, Alabama. We are trying to stay at Best Western hotels as they give a 10% off to harley riders. Well thats about it for tonight. We will have day 3 tomorrow.

Back