free website stats program history of this web site | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

history of this web site

Speed has always been somewhat of an enigma. I have been here almost since the beginning and I only just learned where he is from just now...He is very tight lipped but Glider on the other hand.He must have fingers made of steel and a never ending coffee supply...:s
Thanks for the GREAT!!! site guys....IT ROCKS!!!!!

Speed has always been somewhat of an enigma. I have been here almost since the beginning and I only just learned where he is from just now...He is very tight lipped but Glider on the other hand.He must have fingers made of steel and a never ending coffee supply...:s
Thanks for the GREAT!!! site guys....IT ROCKS!!!!!

Thanks Tigg, I do it because I like to help people get to learn about their own bike and how to do the work themselves, no other reason behind it.:s

Some are afraid to try a service because they are brainwashed by the crooked dealers that scare them into thinking they will void the warranty if they do which is nonsense. These are the people I like to see start to work on their own bike and get to know it better so they can help themselves and get a sense of pride when they do it themselves and save the money in the bargain.

i'll tell ya why i like to site so much ...

a few weeks ago i bought my '09 RKC (already in for its 1K mile service).
when i went in to buy, i was able to tell the folks at the dealership exactly why i wanted certain things on my bike before purchasing (i had lurked on this site for a year beforehand) ... AND was able to hand them a couple of Harley Service Bulletins i found through this site. no one at the dealership had any idea those bulletins were even out there (so they claimed). they admitted to being embarrassed that a client knew more about what was going on out there than they did, in terms of these things. i believe, because of that, they gave me a better price on my bike and accessories. i just pretended i knew what i was talking about.
thanks to this site i was even able to tell them exactly what the dealership paid for my bike, so i knew how much they were making off me when they tried to tell me i was "stealing" the bike from them!
the truth is i know next to nothing about Harleys (another reason i rely so much on this site and folks like Glider, Speed, Sargent, TQuentin, Hobbit, Smitty, etc.). this is my first HD (i love it! why'd i wait so long?). and i know next to nothing about motorcycle mechanics (though i've been riding a long long time) ... but i'm an actor by profession, and armed with research from perusing this great site, a couple of service bulletins (and 4 years of training at the Juilliard School of Drama in NYC!), now they all think i deserve some respect when i walk in the door. and i don't feel like they feel like they can take advantage of me.
i just "act" like i know what i'm talking about! my actor's "preparation", in this case, is HDTimeline. :s
that's why i donated. that's why all of you should, too.
many thanks to all of you ...

That's a great story mangiacavallo. Glad you got a good deal on the new bike and they treat you well. Let's just hope it continues too.:s

Thanks for your support too.

Mangiacavallo: Good post on just one of the many advantages of this site offers. Paid off big time for you. I see you are a contributor as well. Glad you see the value this site offers and are willing to help support it so we can all keep on reaping benefits. Hope more will contribute as well.Thanks to you as well as all the others here that offer help to all of us all the time. :D

Thanks from me also. I said this before and I'll say it again "THIS SITE IS WORTH IT's WEIGHT IN GOLD" It really saves time and money and grief when it comes to our bikes. The combined knowledge and experiance of the contributors and moderators is awesome. Thanks again for letting me be part of this page and for all your hard work and time. Wild Bill

Im thankful for this site and all the wonderful people here. Ive learned many thing here. Keep up the great work!!

Shhhhh...dont tell anyone but I heard Glider isn't even a real person...he's a computer . It's short for Glider system...an acronym for.. Guiding...Linked...Interactive...Data...Exchange...Resource...System .. Now the feds will probably dispatch a fleet of black suvs to my house for leaking secrets and you will never hear from me again...........The things I do for you people...:p

Last edited:
Shhhhh...dont tell anyone but I heard Glider isn't even a real person...he's a computer . It's short for Glider system...an acronym for.. Guiding...Linked...Interactive...Data...Exchange...Resource...System .. Now the feds will probably dispatch a fleet of black suvs to my house for leaking secrets and you will never hear from me again...........The things I do for you people...:p

:lolrolling:lolrolling:lolrolling:bigsmiley20::bigsmiley20: Tigg - THAT is pretty good!

Back