free website stats program Hi Everyone - Clutch problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Hi Everyone - Clutch problem

Spoiler

Just bought my first HD a 2011 Ultra Limited!!!! Candy RootBeer
Just One Problem when I start it in Gear clutch in she lurches forward some i had the clutch adjusted thinking i need to have it re adjusted agin i have about 4000 miles on her any thoughts?

I can say my 2008 does it from time to time. When 5,000 mile service done try Spectro primary oil. It will do wonders.

Starting the bike in gear is tough on the running gear and the starter/starter clutch/pinion gear etc. I had a friend that always started his bike in gear untill the clutch cable broke while starting and he hit the back of a parked car. Did almost $1500 damage to his front end. He learned the hard way to always start the bike in neutral.

I'll squeeze my clutch in and start motor in LOW gear only when it is necessary: Like, Kills on a hill and both feet are needed to hold up the bike... You Know that Kind :small3d026:eek:f time when all else will fail.. QUICK after KILLING motor STARTING so as Not to be Killed..

signed....BUBBIE

I don't understand why it makes any difference to start in gear, with the clutch pulled aren't the gears separated from the drive train?

I don't understand why it makes any difference to start in gear, with the clutch pulled aren't the gears separated from the drive train?

TRY This,,,,,, Put your bike into LOW gear,,,, Squeeze the clutch handle to separate the clutch disc like you say..... THEN push the bike around on a flat level surface for about ten feet to get a feel while in Low Gear THEN Put it into NEUTRAL and do the same and NOW,,, Please report back here with YOUR findings..

signed....BUBBIE

Back