free website stats program Hi Everyone - Clutch problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hi Everyone - Clutch problem

so there isn't total separation then right? or is the oil creating enough of a connection that it drags a little? I made a habit of parking in neutral in the garage but everywhere else not so much, now I'll rethink it.

Last edited:
so there isn't total separation then right? or is the oil creating enough of a connection that it drags a little? I made a habit of parking in neutral in the garage but everywhere else not so much, now I'll rethink it.

I always TRY to start my bike in neutral unless unsafe to do...

Not only drag on the oil but the clutch disc are so very close together even stopped and fully apart, the Turning of all the parts take energy (Force) to turn freely... Lots of things move not only the clutch discs.

Even with My proper clutch adjustment on my bike with the clutch lever Pulled in, the clutch plates and tranny gears/shafts having to turn while in gear is ENOUGH to Feel the difference... Once the clutch plates break tension, that is Just the start of it,,, The CLUNK you hear is the stopping of the turning parts and No Madder (for Smitty901:D) how good all is in adjustment it will be hard on the starter to turn over ALL and the motor at the same time...

If you tried to push your bike while in gear and clutch lever pulled, you will feel the big difference making all the parts turn...:D

signed....BUBBIE

Back