free website stats program Heritage -00 windshield installation? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage -00 windshield installation?

That's the same as my windshield but you have the springs on the outside of the mounts but they should be on the inside. Take the 2 bolts apart and put the springs on the opposite side they are now. You should be able to see both springs between the mounts. :s

Wouldn't he want to take the bolts and switch sides with them vs just trying to get the spring to the other side of the mount? Just take that entire bolt as it is on the right hand side and move it over to the left while maintaining it's orientation and the spring will end up on the inside with the rest of the bolt on the outside.

I meant to look at my dad's heritage this weekend and forgot but he has the same style clips.

Mine's the same but springs are on the inside of the mount, just the opposite of what you have in your pics. There is a downward bend like a "v" in the straight part of the springs. That bend should go over that little stud that protrudes from the side of the mount. That's what holds the windscreen in place and acts as your release to remove it. Hope this helps.

Pete, that is almost the same as my FLRT windshield, bracket 9 looks similar, tho there are no clips on this set up for my Trike, easy on and off, chances are good for it to be stolen easy also, but i have a gun barrel lock I got from Jeff that will secure it to the handle bars

Maybe you have a Heritage front end on your trike. :D

Back