free website stats program Heritage -00 windshield installation? | Harley Davidson Forums

Heritage -00 windshield installation?

Jacka

I bought -00 Heritage Classic. Now I want to install original windshield in my bike. I try to put windshild and everythink else is ok, but why this " lock springs" looks like that? What is wrong? Is tahat spring right direction?

Or whether I have wrong upper screw? Is mushroom head screw right screw?
I really want to know what is right installation?

Jacka

Some picture of mushroom head screw

http://www.eharleyparts.com/cart_resources/images/cache/data/58268-95_1-500x500.jpg

I think you just have the 2 spring latches reversed. They should catch on the spacer between the nacelle and the windshield mount.
tourbox

Thank you for information, but I can't understand that reversed. If I reversed this picture spring to left side, so then the spring catch place is inside the windshield mount? Then it's ok?

And I don't understand what in nacelle? I'm from Finland =)

Yes, the spring should catch on the inside of the windshield mount. Inside the long stainless steel windshield brace.

A nacelle is the thing that the headlight is mounted in.

That looks like the quick release windshield on my trike, check with Harley dealer for info

Hey everybody... Now I found very small text in my windshield...
It's "05 6 M125-C" and "Lexan MFR 112". Where I can found this manual?

Windshield it's looks just same like this one...

harley windshield m125-c - Bing Images

That's the same as my windshield but you have the springs on the outside of the mounts but they should be on the inside. Take the 2 bolts apart and put the springs on the opposite side they are now. You should be able to see both springs between the mounts. :s

Back