free website stats program Help as First HD owner | Harley Davidson Forums

Help as First HD owner

:newsmile106: Hey all,
Finally after 40yrs got me a 06 FLHTPI, machine,, can learn fast but need some help.. what would be best 2up seat for it, and what the thoughts on Mich Pilot 2ct tires,since I got run flats, some people say ok, some say no on the run flats?? Thanks again :)
RiksHarley

p.s. Will take any and all advise, will sort out Appreciate it!

:newsmile106: Hey all,
Finally after 40yrs got me a 06 FLHTPI, machine,, can learn fast but need some help.. what would be best 2up seat for it, and what the thoughts on Mich Pilot 2ct tires,since I got run flats, some people say ok, some say no on the run flats?? Thanks again :)
RiksHarley

p.s. Will take any and all advise, will sort out Appreciate it!

You'll get a wide variety of opinions but HD Sundowner, Mustang, and Corbin will be mentioned frequently. I've also never heard anything bad said about the modifications done at Mean City.

I agree with Dr. Doolitle. I just went through looking at a new seat. I was going to go with Corbin, but Mustang seats come highly recommended. All very pricey. The seat is one of those parts you don't cut corners on though, you have to be as comfortable and alert as you were when you started as when you cross mile 300. :)

:p.s. Will take any and all advise, will sort out Appreciate it!

Hey there, and welcome to the Forum. Lots of great info here in the Self-help pages, and in the heads of your fellow members.

On the seat, there are a couple of considerations. Is this for long distance cruisin', or to look cool at the Ice Houses. Do you need to be lowered more (vertically challenged as they say). As you considering a Tour Pak type setup.

Other considerations are:
  • Roller chain conversion or gear drive for cams
  • Oil cooler
  • "Missing link" or True Track
  • Switching all fluids per recommendations in Oil Related Tips

These are some to get you goin'.

TQ

Appreciate the feed back on the seats,, will look into,, no one has yet mentioned thoughts on tires... I was considering Mich Pilot 2ct? this is for long drive touring, etc..

Thanks
Riks

For what it's worth I had Allen at Meancitycycles.com modify the seat on my Honda VTX 1300. He does a great job and he can actually adjust the riding position based on your height, inseam etc. Honda puts (EDIT) for seats on their bikes and 30 minutes was all I could stand. After Allen got done...HUGE difference and much cheaper than an aftermarket seat. So far the stocker on my SG seems to be good.

(yes, sold the Honda)

Good luck.

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
hi i am wondering if anyone can help when i ride my harley sportster after when it get's hot it start's to run bad and starts to conk out on me i use normal unleaded fuel and the oil is ok the sprk plugs are ok can anyone help me plz thankyou

hi i am wondering if anyone can help when i ride my harley sportster after when it get's hot it start's to run bad and starts to conk out on me i use normal unleaded fuel and the oil is ok the sprk plugs are ok can anyone help me plz thankyou

coil ?

Back