free website stats program Helmet liners | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet liners

Every 5 years or so lol.... That was Sep last year outside Orlando HD just off the interstate.

Yep rented the Heritage as it had luggage for beach gear and comfortable for her. Rode across to Cocoa Beach and back, and went to Bike Night at Old Town. Didn't say you had to bring your own bike. :D Good times.

I'll bet you guys had a blast. Cocoa is a great Beach although I haven't been there in years. When you say Old Town I believe that is an area of Kissimee just before getting into Orlando. All of these areas have grown from cattle pastures to tourist cities in my life time. I can remember when Disney World was still a combination of swamp and Pine woods area.

Did you know that the H.D. dealership in your pic is owned by Steve Deli one of the original purchasers of H.D. MoCo when it was bought back (He owns serveral other dealerships too) He saved the company from bankruptcy in the late 1980s, and then led Harley’s IPO (initial public offering). He is praised in the famous book of Harley-Davidson’s turnaround, Well Made in America, and is featured on the Discovery Channel and at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

His wife Anne Deli is no stranger to Harley either. She grew up in Milwaukee, Wisconsin next to Bill Harley, son of the founder, who took her on rides in the sidecar of his motorcycles (She called him “Shaggy Dog” because of his long, bushy side-burns). She went on to help define the Harley brand of today, as Vice President and head of Global Marketing at Harley-Davidson Motor Company.

Just thought you might find that interesting. That first pic of you guys with you wearing the Bandana on a Heritage, that looks so Harley.

My wife hates that look but I walked around like that all holiday. :D

Very interesting background info thanks.

What I noticed about these dealerships:

1. There were many clothes and things I have never seen before and the price was these same price in USD as it is is GBP - the exchange rate was $1.55 to £1 :D

2. Never seen so many used and new bikes. I was like a kiddie in a sweetshop.

.... .... .... What I noticed about these dealerships:

1. There were many clothes and things I have never seen before and the price was these same price in USD as it is is GBP - the exchange rate was $1.55 to £1 :D

2. Never seen so many used and new bikes. I was like a kiddie in a sweetshop.

Yea they make a good part of their money on clothing. I never buy clothes at my local dealer (except I get free shirts sometimes from buying bike parts in a certain amount). I live a good drive from Orlando, I haven't been back since I bought my Bob last year.

That dealership has hundreds of used bikes and a probably a hundred new bikes on any given day. They will deal with you too. The salesman are nice. They wanted $11,600 (everything tax, tag out the door) for my 07 Bob. Granted it had V&H pipes, SE AC with SE stage 1 map download and some cheap bags already on it. And the mileage was low (14750). But the chrome was badly weathered and I told them I would only go $10,825 out the door. We went back and forth for awhile and finally I told them politely (since they were so nice) that I did want to waste their time anymore and we had to be going. He said you win it's yours. I was one happy 60yr old man. Here is a pic right after the sale.
r_w_b-albums-misc+uploads-picture6449-my_wife_and_me_the_day_we_bought_the_2007_bob_sept_2010_i_was_one_happy_old_man.jpg

Sweet ride. Nice pic buddy. I guess it is a little different over there as the norm is a Harley over there, where here we are very much in the minority.

My Street Bob was £11550 ($17825) new in November and that was without stage 1.

I looked at my local dealership today; there was a 2005 Fat Bob for £10500 so they keep their value.

Sweet ride. Nice pic buddy. I guess it is a little different over there as the norm is a Harley over there, where here we are very much in the minority.
My Street Bob was £11550 ($17825) new in November and that was without stage 1.
I looked at my local dealership today; there was a 2005 Fat Bob for £10500 so they keep their value.

Well I think prices would be much higher (and there would not be so many used bikes) here if it were not for a 2 yr long economic depression. Many people have been out of work now for over a year and they aren't spending money like the boom times. I know that has to play a part in Harley's business.

That area where you were though is fun city Florida. I lived up in Orlando back in 1975, worked high rise construction on one of those tall hotels on International drive. I was single back then and it was party town. Great place but the traffic up there now is terrible. I live out away from all that now.
Good talking to ya. Later....R_W_B (my real name is Dave)

Back