free website stats program Helmet liners | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet liners

I wear 'em all the time, with a properly fitted helmet. But I like the ones that cover the ears. I think they stay in place better.

I wear 'em all the time, with a properly fitted helmet. But I like the ones that cover the ears. I think they stay in place better.

Well ya know I wondered about that. The ad says the ones that are cut high over the ears keep clear of your earcups. And I surmise they would be better if you had sound plugs on.

But I'm wondering how much could it really interfere with either. I guess the helmet liner might hold it (and your ears) tight against you head more and not let your ears flap out into the open ear area that most helmets have.

I know one thing, it is starting to warm up down here in Florida and I'm gonna order at least one pair of something soon.

Yea, for some reason you answer is amusing. I guess mainly because I enjoy all your posts. I am planning on putting the 10" Wild1s T bars like Jax has though, so I'm trying.

But actually I already use a bandana. At first I tried tieing it on but the knot was uncomfortable in the helmet. So currently I fold it up and carefully place it in the helmet, but it is inconvenient to mess with since it usually falls out when I take my helmet off.

I thought the skull caps would be quick and convenient. But don't worry you won't see me wearing one without the helmet on. They don't quite have the look to suit me.

I would like to wear one of those leather caps (when I don't wear a helmet). But with having to wear glasses to see the speedo, a helmet with a face shield is the only way I can really ride comfortable. I have ridden with no helmet a few times with just my prescription glasses but I constantly have to watch not turning my head of I will loose them. I really like wearing a helmet now anyhow.

So how ya likun that Bobbed out Heritage that looks so good.

Truth be told, I'm a bandana guy... AND I have watched Sons, but I don't view it as a documentary like some guys do, or a how-to be a biker...

The Heritage is doing well. I love it. Just not in love with the snow that has been falling since I got it together. Today is supposed to get real hot and melt it all, so we'll see. Calling for 46 Deg! Yeehaw!

I wear glasses too and feel your pain. 80% of the time I ride with contacts and goggles. The rest of the time I have Rx Oakleys

You can see what camp I am in....

P1010485.jpg

I prefer the old fashioned bandanas. In the heat its a forehead sweat reducer, in the cold its a face saver. The nice thing is they are only a buck or two and at almost every gas stop, so on the road if it gets smelly toss it and grab another.

... ... .... The Heritage is doing well. I love it. Just not in love with the snow that has been falling since I got it together. Today is supposed to get real hot and melt it all, so we'll see. ... ... ...

Well it's my own thread so I guess I can hijack it at this point.
The Heritage is my all time favorite bike, even tho I ride a Bob. Don't ask me to explain that, probably more of a money thing. But yours adds new dimension to a Heritage. I really don't even know the difference between a Heritage and a Deluxe, they both look great and remind me of the old time Harley look. If I had the money I would keep the Bob (but solo everything on it) and buy a new Heritage with those great looking bags.

It has warmed up to the Low 80's here in Florida the whole past week. It's a tad bit warm but a Tee shirt and leather vest are still very comfortable with no sweating. The wife and I rode up the Old Dade City Hwy yesterday. The asphalt is in good condition, very few cagers and lots of medium sweeping curves and the scenary is nice too. Runs about 45 to 50mph the whole run. Wish I could have taken a video.
Later.........R_W_B

Well I liked the Heritage we hire in Orlando in September last year, but I had my Vrod then - little did I know I was gonna crash it and buy the Bob, which I prefer.
P1010623.jpg

P1010637.jpg

P1010650.jpg

Well I liked the Heritage we hire in Orlando in September last year, but I had my Vrod then - little did I know I was gonna crash it and buy the Bob, which I prefer.

Wow nice looking pics. I only live about an hour from Orlando. The one pic looks like you are at the Orlando Harley East, right by the Interstate.

I bought my bike there, like everything else I searched the net to find to best deal on a bike. I surmise you rented the Heritage while you were here. So you guys travel over here often?

Wow nice looking pics. I only live about an hour from Orlando. The one pic looks like you are at the Orlando Harley East, right by the Interstate.

I bought my bike there, like everything else I searched the net to find to best deal on a bike. I surmise you rented the Heritage while you were here. So you guys travel over here often?

Every 5 years or so lol.... That was Sep last year outside Orlando HD just off the interstate.

Yep rented the Heritage as it had luggage for beach gear and comfortable for her. Rode across to Cocoa Beach and back, and went to Bike Night at Old Town. Didn't say you had to bring your own bike. :D Good times.

Back