free website stats program Heal or Toe shifter | Harley Davidson Forums

Heal or Toe shifter

readski

Ever since I got my Heritage(last Nov) I have never utilized the heal shifter... just recently I started to try it out and find it quite appealing.... still hard to break the toe habit (up shifts).... So what does everyone else do? Anyone got input as to advantages or even why the heal shift lever?

There first time I rode a Harely in the mid 80's I ddn't care for the H&T shifter at all. Now I love it

The heel shifter is there to keep the top of your boots pristine. If you don't care or ride in sneakers or other shoes, you can shift whichever way you like.

I love my heal shifter. I just replaced my stock one with a longer one to get more foot room. Shifts like butter!

I have occasional "brain farts" and find myself trying to downshift with my heel.

Didn't like the way the heel shifter limited my space on the footboard, and was going to take it off. Then, I found a new heel shifter that HD came out with that lets the shifter peg fold back out of the way. Now, I've got the heel shifter to use when I want, and more room on the footboard. Even with it folded back, I can still use it to shift.

I do not use mine at all but keep it on for looks. I could not get the feel of it after toe shifting for more than 15 years.

I use my heel shifter about 40 % of the time - usually when my feet are on the highway pegs, cause it's easier to up shift that way. When my feet are on the floorboards, it's usually easier to up shift with my toe.

I love my heal shifter. I just replaced my stock one with a longer one to get more foot room. Shifts like butter!

Hey USMC - where did you get the longer shifter? Got any more info and maybe some pics? I've been thinking of doing that for the same reason. Seen a couple on the Internet, but haven't cared for the design of them.

Back