free website stats program HD Warranty Extension | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Warranty Extension

Very good words DR, it seems the dealers put the burden of proof on the owner, and it is up to you to use reasonable care in maintaining your bike and record keeping

And they can void the warranty with any mods you've done that specifically say "for race applications only", or anything else you've done yourself that their "much better trained and more experienced wrenches" didn't install on your bike. I just removed the cats from my bike. If I need any warranty service it can be denied because the cats are gone. If I add a Dobeck TFI and install it myself, they can void the warranty, but if they install it at $85/hr. it's ok. I take my time and make sure everything is just right when I work on it, and I clean up my bike afterward. Last time the dealer worked on it, it was a mess when they brought it outside. I've even had a dealer tell me that using Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W-50 can void the warranty. DOH!!!!!!

Another thing on the extended warranty, my dealer told me with the 5 year with wheel coverage, the tires, wheels are covered regardless of make of tire and who mounted them. I hope he's not spinning a yarn.

IMO
I bought mine after the HD warranty was up and have used the extended a couple of times and from what I have found is that HD might fight you on their warranty but when you buy the extended it from a outside insurance co. and the HD dealer is happy to do the work and even a little extra because its the insurance co is paying the bill and not HD. I have been very pleased with the extended Warr. and would recommend it.

Back