free website stats program HD iPhone HD Mount | Harley Davidson Forums

HD iPhone HD Mount

J&P cycles sells a nice kit to replace the fuel filler door for full dressers to mount anything with a belt clip or standard GPS mounts.

Dont take it wrong but I say turn it off and put it in a saddlebag etc. Only use in an emergency.

Oh, I dunno, Bodeen... It's not a bad gps (with the proper app) but having it in a saddlebag makes it kinda tough to see.

Oh, I dunno, Bodeen... It's not a bad gps (with the proper app) but having it in a saddlebag makes it kinda tough to see.

I hear ya. That was kind of my point though. I see a lot of folks fiddlin with that stuff. Half the fun is gettin lost.

I hear ya. That was kind of my point though. I see a lot of folks fiddlin with that stuff. Half the fun is gettin lost.
Bodeen..I understand but trying to find a place to pull over in traffic to read a map gets old in a hurry. I am actually in the middle of adding a 12volt adapter and wire harness to my Heritage (cheaper than upgrading to a full dresser) so I can plug in my Garmin for those long trips. I'll post pics when complete.

I use the J&p mount to put iPhone on bike. The mapquest map runs in back ground w screen off with audio turn by turn on long trips but I do agree it is fun to get lost and pull over to pull out a paper map. I can never seen to fold them back up tho

Bodeen..I understand but trying to find a place to pull over in traffic to read a map gets old in a hurry. I am actually in the middle of adding a 12volt adapter and wire harness to my Heritage (cheaper than upgrading to a full dresser) so I can plug in my Garmin for those long trips. I'll post pics when complete.

I'll say, the one good thing about the Garmin or the like is that it wont ring and it wont deliver a text. That leaves out the possibility of answering it and/or texting back. The phone is a just an invitation to something bad IMO.

Back