HD iPhone HD Mount

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by BigG, Aug 30, 2012.

1. BigG

BigG Active Member

Any suggestions for the best iPhone mount for HD handlebars ?

2. Mike.Salvatore

Mike.Salvatore Member

J&P cycles sells a nice kit to replace the fuel filler door for full dressers to mount anything with a belt clip or standard GPS mounts.

3. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Here's the selection from J&P for your bike:

2003 Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic EFI FLSTCI Parts P Cycles

4. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Dont take it wrong but I say turn it off and put it in a saddlebag etc. Only use in an emergency.

5. jimharvey1

jimharvey1 Junior Member

Oh, I dunno, Bodeen... It's not a bad gps (with the proper app) but having it in a saddlebag makes it kinda tough to see.

6. Bodeen

I hear ya. That was kind of my point though. I see a lot of folks fiddlin with that stuff. Half the fun is gettin lost.

7. BikeSAG

BikeSAG Active Member

Bodeen..I understand but trying to find a place to pull over in traffic to read a map gets old in a hurry. I am actually in the middle of adding a 12volt adapter and wire harness to my Heritage (cheaper than upgrading to a full dresser) so I can plug in my Garmin for those long trips. I'll post pics when complete.

8. Mike.Salvatore

Mike.Salvatore Member

I use the J&p mount to put iPhone on bike. The mapquest map runs in back ground w screen off with audio turn by turn on long trips but I do agree it is fun to get lost and pull over to pull out a paper map. I can never seen to fold them back up tho

9. Bodeen

I'll say, the one good thing about the Garmin or the like is that it wont ring and it wont deliver a text. That leaves out the possibility of answering it and/or texting back. The phone is a just an invitation to something bad IMO.

10. BigG

BigG Active Member

That was exactly my thoughts GPS plus weather Radar. I've been caught out in freak storms.