free website stats program HD 1st 4th Quarter loss in 16 years | Harley Davidson Forums

HD 1st 4th Quarter loss in 16 years

One of my wifes clients husband works in the design department here in Milwaukee. He was one of the main designers for the Vrod and the newer Crossbones and although he feels relatively secure he has others in the same department shaking in there boots.Todays market report and other declines in manufacturing stocks are a result of a lack of faith in the current administrations ability to do anything about job losses and a crumbling economy and complete lack of faith in the dollar. Its ironic that they will not sell Harleys at a discount and then the following model year they are forced to do just that to make room for the current model year. I dont want my bike to lose value as a result of discounting but not a lot of folks will buy the 21,000 2010 model when they can get a 2009 for 3 or 4 thousand less with no miles on it...short of beiing rolled around the showroom floor.:s

I like the quote "You gotta pay full price for a Harley," Olin said.

Mr. Olin... No I don't. I just pass on buying a new Harley. Just as many will because of the price. There are plenty of pre-owned ones around. That's if I'm ever in the market for another one.

Ditto to that...it is a sad state of affairs...but thanks to the good people of Mass. maybe this will begin to improve...stimulus cash to help...what a joke.:small3d023:

makes me wonder how much Mr Olin gets paid ? what kind of bonus he gets?
sounds just like the big banks. or car manufacturers
maybe they are trying to get bailed out by the goverment.
just like all these companys that pay their ceo's, they dont understand that if the consumer makes less $ we pay less $

makes me wonder how much Mr Olin gets paid ? what kind of bonus he gets?
sounds just like the big banks. or car manufacturers
maybe they are trying to get bailed out by the goverment.
just like all these companys that pay their ceo's, they dont understand that if the consumer makes less $ we pay less $

I agree, it is time that the people that are making millions a year take a hit for awhile. Come on folks how can we allow these bail outs when all they do is give the money to the ceo's and the like.

Smitty...we have to thank Diamond Jim for that...excellent point...maybe that money will go to the Italians to build his lightrail system that no one will use..yeah thats really goiing to help this state...30 million dollars will employ 250 Italians and then once its here about 25 Wisconsinites. Certainly no disrespect to our friends across the pond but if I wanted to stimulate the Italian economy I would buy a case of chianti.

I'd hate to see Harley move to Mexico. I've been in the manufacturing biz now for over 30 years as a gear and gage designer. Over the last couple years alot our our BIG customers have moved to Mexico. Magna PowerTrain, American Axle, Dana, Eaton to name a few. Either to break the unions as in the case of American Axle, or lower wages, big manufacturing in this country in say 10 years will be no more. We will be a service country.

Back