free website stats program Harley going to Liquid Cooling for 2012? | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley going to Liquid Cooling for 2012?

risuperglide

I heard a rumor that HD is switching over to liquid cooling for 2012 to meet more stringent EPA requirements & more power? Anybody hear of this?....:newsmile08:

Interesting rumor. Do you know the source? Coming from a history with metric cruisers, I would be interested in having it validated.

Holy cow...I just googled "liquid cooled Harley" and the screen just about blew up. There is plenty of speculation out there but no confirmation from HD.

This is the first I have heard of it though.

Usually this is posted on various forums on April Fools day. I surmise there will come a day when it's true though.

They already have. A little bike called a V-Rod. Maybe they're gonna make a new type of Revolution powered bike?

One of the mechanics at the local HD store told me that by 2013, all bikes will be water cooled, as mandated by the EPA. Only time will tell.
My bike is cooled by Jack Daniels. When it gets hot, I stop at the bar, have a drink or two, and then she's nice and cool again. Simple enough. :D

I just received an e mail and it said that the infirmation was coming from paper work that HD sent to California in planning their new models that need to meet CARB.
Will have to wait for the MoCo to provide concrete answers. My feeling is that the water cooled engines will come eventually and that all the negative issues will be solved and the classic feel will still be there.
Let's not be afraid of progress, we could all still be riding Knuckleheads!

I can see it happening in time. Creative people are already making V-rod Baggers.
There are also V-rod Trikes.

Attachments

• v-rod-street-glide-side.jpg
    v-rod-street-glide-side.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 64
  • vrodam01.jpg
    vrodam01.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 44
Back