free website stats program harley davidson Tach 74723-10 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

harley davidson Tach 74723-10

Maybe the software turns on the light based on "miles to empty" instead of an actual fuel level. In this case it would have to "observe" your riding style to determine an average MPG for you. This sounds pretty far fetched but it's a possibility. I'd still do like Hoople said and run a couple tanks almost empty and then fill it back up.

Other than checking that a float isn't stuck, is there a way to remove power totally from the unit and force the software to reset and start over with the calibration process?

My fuel guage on my dyna hasn't worked...well can't remember. It comes on when teh bike is completely full, turns off after abut 50 miles, and then never comes on again...even when I run out of gas :(

My fuel guage on my dyna hasn't worked...well can't remember. It comes on when teh bike is completely full, turns off after abut 50 miles, and then never comes on again...even when I run out of gas :(

Sounds like it's in backwrads, lol....... j/k

Just wanted to put an update out there which may help anyone who had the same issue. I finaly called Harley directly, not the dealer and spoke to a tech there. He had me mail in the Speedo and he updated the software and overnighted it back to me. Total 3 day turn around, no charge and it works perfect!! Love it!!
The Tach is bigger and easier to see than the factory speedometer and the digital speedometer is aslo larger and easier to see than the stock speed.
Well done harley!!

Back