free website stats program harley davidson Tach 74723-10 | Harley Davidson Forums

harley davidson Tach 74723-10

DynaBob09

I am thinkng about getting this for my Fat Bob. Does anyone have it? I am curious if the Digital speedo gets washed out in direct sunlight like so many LCD screens do.

Attachments

• 74723-10 Tach Combo.jpg
    74723-10 Tach Combo.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 205
While I am old fashioned and have analog guages, the H-D one looks nice, and wires up without any mods with full functionality...I believe it has light sensor that will automatically "step up" the brightness in sunlight, and dim them at night...a bargain!

i have a 09 fat bob, had that combo about 1yr now and love it. cant beat it for the price. its plug and play. and real cool at night

i have a 09 fat bob, had that combo about 1yr now and love it. cant beat it for the price. its plug and play. and real cool at night

It does look good. Wonder how it compares in items shown (and price) to the Dakota plug in?

Dakotas are $339 dynas, $400 for big ones, but they show a bunch data.

I bought p/no 74717-10 on e bay last year for a great price from the House of Hd in Milwaukee.This was for my 08 Softail-looks exactly the same as yours.
It's great!The digital display is absolutely readable in sunlight and the tacho needle is equally visible.I previously had a Zippers digital speedo and tacho.combo.Useless!I took it off and it sits in my parts bin along with lotsa other bits and pieces.Worst $500 bucks i've EVER spent.

My brother has an '08 Fatboy and he was so impressed with my unit that he also bought one.He too is extremely satisfied!

Buy one,you can't go wrong.

Dunno about the light sensor though:i'm afraid of the dark.:D

================================================

20 minutes later----
Harley list this unit on their website for $299.95 and on Zylstra Harley Davidson STC's ebay store it lists for $269.99.

I'm sure if you search a bit more or a bit harder,you could find it even cheaper.

Happy hunting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zanotti Motor Co, has em for 233.95, bought 2 , only issue is they both have moisture inside the glass, not sure how to deal with this yet.:help

.... .... .... It's great!The digital display is absolutely readable in sunlight and the tacho needle is equally visible.I previously had a Zippers digital speedo and tacho.combo.Useless! .... ....

Thanks for the info, the only one I've ever asked about was Dakota's and everyone that owns one them said they are readable in the sun.

Zanotti Motor Co, has em for 233.95, bought 2 , only issue is they both have moisture inside the glass, not sure how to deal with this yet.:help

The moisture usually dissipates doesn't it ? I have heard of putting one of those small moisture wick packs (like comes in packages) in your console when you install it.

To prevent fogging, best way is to dry quickly if you see moisture starting to form using hairdryer at low/style heat setting. H-D carries a small H-D cover that goes over the bar, gages, tank and seating area quick and easy...not nearly as bulky or time consuming as the full size covers.:)

Back