Harley Davidson lift

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Tadaaa, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Tadaaa

Tadaaa Member

Has anyone bought or used one of these? I'm thinking of buying one off CL.
    Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

I have one I bought at a flea market for $50. Works great.with the trailer jack instead of a hydraulic you don't have to lock it.

I use it around the shop to move I-beams.:D

3. mrl636

mrl636 Member

I bought one from sears a couple of years ago. I like it because I can hold on to the bike with one hand and raise or lower it with my foot.

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I'd like to see that! :bigsmiley24:

5. carpenter671

carpenter671 Member

I have one of the foot lift models as well (dunno the brand, wifes friend gave it to us)...VERY convinent

6. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

I like the simplicity of design...less things to go wrong. Who is the maker and are there any specs...i.e. lift range, height, space between saddles etc.?

7. Tadaaa

Tadaaa Member

I think Fulton is the manufacturer with specs-http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ML1000

I think it's the same one that is in the HD parts book.

8. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

You should be able to buy a new Motorcycle/ATV lift for at or under $100. Won't have a HD sticker on it, but will be rated to 1,500 lbs. or more and will do what needs to be done in getting the bike off the ground.

Note - the only time I go HIGH on the lift is to get the rear wheel clear of the swing arm and fender. I try to keep the bike as low to the ground as possible that will allow me to do the work I want to do.

TQ

9. kemo

kemo R.I.P

TQ if it slips its still going to be messy. When I use the small lift I have some wooden boxes made up. I put cement blocks in them and then strap the tire to the box. If I am doing the rear tire I strap the front and then when I am putting the tire on it doesn't rock. I like my big lift though, I strap the 4 corners done and nothing moves.
    kemo

10. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

No doubt! And it is always better to be safe than sorry. Your rig up sound pretty safe!!

TQ