free website stats program Harley Canada pulling Licence | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Canada pulling Licence

Just a little add on, if you want to see the place just google, Perth, Ontario,
Harley Davidson. Also was told the owner will stay open for a couple of months and then have an auction to get rid of all the stuff he has collected over the years. Any serious Harley collectors might want to go to that.

I drove 400 miles to buy my bike, only because the local dealers salesman didn't do their job. My wife and I spent hours upon hours looking at Harley's in the local dealer, Yet no one seemed interested in talking to us. Why would I spend my $$$ at a dealer that judges me by my looks? It's not about money to me,it's about service........and more and more the Harley dealers are lacking that. Unless you show up in a leather vest over the top of your button up shirt and Hush Puppies on your feet.....God Forbid you look like a "BIKER":rider

They did Country at Country's HD in Rock Hill the same way. He had the coolest store, kinda off, but not too far, the beaten path, big porch on front, rockin chairs, huge oak trees. Well, the powers that they be said he needed to build next to the interstate. Well, Country ran them out of his store, and found a buyer, and now Cox HD sits on the side of I-77 all pretty and new with no personality.

I went to the internet to look up this Harley dealer. It is actually Cameron Bike and Sales. Nothing about being a Harley dealer in the name and their store is in a renovated gas station. Nice looking gas station but not very modern looking and that is what Harley has been asking for for over a long while now. Obviously this Cameron dealer doesn't wish to cooperate with the motor company. It is a shame but every Harley deale I know of that has cooperated with Harley's changes and plans has not lost a penny doing so. It is a shame to see some one go out of business but if you are going to be a franchised dealer then you best be prepared to deal with the home office. As I have long said, "To be a Harley dealer you have to be an eccentric(edited)" Fossil

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to the internet to look up this Harley dealer. It is actually Cameron Bike and Sales. Nothing about being a Harley dealer in the name and their store is in a renovated gas station. Nice looking gas station but not very modern looking and that is what Harley has been asking for for over a long while now. Obviously this Cameron dealer doesn't wish to cooperate with the motor company. It is a shame but every Harley deale I know of that has cooperated with Harley's changes and plans has not lost a penny doing so. It is a shame to see some one go out of business but if you are going to be a franchised dealer then you best be prepared to deal with the home office. As I have long said, "To be a Harley dealer you have to be an eccentric(edited)" Fossil
You did notice that they are 5 miles outside of the nearest town and they have been a Harley dealer for over 30 yrs. and don't have a large city nearby for the population base. My point is there is nothing wrong with small shops selling Harleys and doing service and parts without a big new modern building.

The HD dealer in Hamilton is possibly facing the same problem.

For the longest time this dealership was just a house with a small attached show room and attached garage for repairs. Anyone that had a Harley, did their business here. About 8-10 yrs ago, they were told to modernize or loose their business. They have since expanded to 5000 ft .

Now the heat is back on. Harley Davidson wants then to move out of Hamilton to Burlington, on one of the Service Roads where they will have more major exposure from the highway. They are trying to fight it, but have admited its just a matter of time.

Animal
"My point is there is nothing wrong with small shops selling Harleys and doing service and parts without a big new modern building. "

Bigger may not be better

Last edited:
Back