Happy Days!! - Wife starting to enjoy riding with me!

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Dr. Dolittle, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Getting ready to go out for breakfast this morning and I casually asked if we should take the car or the bike. My wife, who'd only ridden with me 2 or 3 times, said it was such a nice day we should take the bike. After breakfast, she agreed to take the long way home so we did a little highway riding and I took her down my favorite, local, twisty on the way home. She hops off at home and tells me how much fun it was!

I think she's finally starting to relax enough to actually enjoy riding shotgun. I didn't want to push the matter but I was seriously starting to wonder if I was destined to be pretty much a solo rider. Now I see a small light at the end of the tunnel!

2. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

Good for you and your wife. My wife on the other hand, couldn't wait till I got comfortable enough riding when I started to finaly feel confident enough to start takeing her along.

3. R. Lewis

R. Lewis Senior Member Retired Moderators

Good for you Dr.!! This time it was a breakfast run,next will be a dinner run then YOU will be posting "My wife wants a scoot of her own"!!!! ENJOY your rides together!

4. Dr. Dolittle

David,

I know exactly what you mean. I'm still taking it nice and easy when she is along. It's like riding a totally different bike with a passenger back there, and she only weighs around 130 pounds.

5. Dr. Dolittle

Well this has already come up over dinner last night. In most areas my wife is a real daredevil, let's try something new type of person. However, she has told me that she wants to take a Basic Rider Course to see how she likes it before we even begin to discuss getting her a bike of her own. Can't really argue with that logic!

6. R. Lewis

She will take the Basic Riders Course then take over YOUR scoot!!! ha-ha! Best wishes to you and your wife!!

7. Dr. Dolittle

Hmmmm.....heard they made some nice improvements to the 2009 Street Glides!:D

8. R. Lewis

There you go --- His & Hers !!!!! :newsmile092:

9. Dr. Dolittle

Heading upstairs now. I'll break the news to her and tell her the idea has the HDTalking Seal of Approval!

:D

10. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

:D:D:D Hey Dr., do you 'hear that train a comin', comin' 'round the bend?' LOL, I was just reading this thread thinking, she'll take the basic rider course, & then he will be looking for a new scoot. J/K sort of, I think that's great. Not every one likes to ride their own, but it's great when they do. My problem is that I think I have a hard time relaxing as a passenger. Guess I'm just used to riding my own though. I'll keep practicing. :D