free website stats program Happy Days!! - Wife starting to enjoy riding with me! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Happy Days!! - Wife starting to enjoy riding with me!

Good for you Dr.!! This time it was a breakfast run,next will be a dinner run then YOU will be posting "My wife wants a scoot of her own"!!!! ENJOY your rides together!

Hey R.Lewis... next time you and your wife want someone to tag along for breakfast..let me know we would love to join ya...I live out in the Cedar Hill area...and willing to go ..oh! lets see at least a hundred miles or so for breakfast....:D..

Oh and Yea ! Doc. great news...I actually honestly enjoy riding with my wife on the back....Honest I do and Noooooo shes not standing behind me ...Honest!...Shes a good gps at times ....and a great second pair of eyes...am serious bout the eyes...lol

Last edited:
Bought an 86 sportster back in Sept 07... (my first harley and 20 years without a bike)...took it around the block once and wifey was waiting to hop on the back.... 3 months later had to upgrade to a heritage for longer trips...now she got her license and an 07 sporty but she still wants to ride on the back...

Can't wait till my wife can ride on the back, she is pregnant now and wants me to get comfortable on the bike, one I am though it will be time for a conversion to a 2-up and her on the back. I look forward to the day and hopefully it will lead to a bigger bike down the road for the longer trips. Knowing my wife I don't think she'll ever be riding her own, but she has said she will ride with me at some point. Just not now, which I am ok with since I am still adjusting to riding myself, and have enough pressure on myself just watching for the crazy cagers.

I'm ready for my wife to ride also. We have a 3 month old at home right now so all of out time goes toward her and other house work. As soon as we get a chance though i'm going to get her on the back for a nice ride. I don't think she will ever be one that wants to ride her own. I was kind of hoping she would. That would give me a good reason to let her have the Dyna and let me get a cruiser. The I could have 2 bikes to choose from.

That is great news Dr.
It takes time Baby steps, I never thought mine would get on the back but this spring she asked to go for a ride! I would say she has about 600 miles or so on the back and she is an awsome rider!
As others have said, it is some of the best time we have spent together in a LONG time, our kids are 16 and 14 and she would never would have got on the back years ago.
What you are doing, breakfast, dinner and so-on is how I started with the wife. And now she asks to stop by the dealer!! (Crome Goodies?)LOL

Way to go Dr.!!

Back