handlebar muffs

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by whacko, Oct 18, 2010.

1. whacko

whacko Junior Member

I'm trying to extend my riding season but here in Massachusetts the morning commute is getting cold already. I can keep everything warm on my hour ride on the highway except my hands!!! I ride a 2010 superglide but don't like the windshield and don't think it would do much for my hands anyway. has anyone tried the silly looking handlebar muffs that go over the grips with a quilt lined muff that extends up to the forearm? I see them online for about 30 bucks. Seems like a cheap way to extend the season if it is only my hands that I can't get warm! I know they look a little silly but if they work?!?!?!?

2. r44s

r44s Member

I've not tried them, but a couple of friends that do use them love them.

3. mustang27

mustang27 Member

Heated grips are the way togo

4. maine-e-axe

maine-e-axe Junior Member

Heated grips don't keep your knuckles warm.

5. so cal hoss

so cal hoss Member

I'd check out heated gloves.

6. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I've got a pair of "Hippo Hands" by Vettor. They were made back in the '70s and fit both bikes. I've had a lot of riders ask me about them. If the muffs are anything like them they will keep your hands and arms warm.

7. horizonchaser

horizonchaser Senior Member Contributor

I'd say heated gloves are the way to go too. Seems like the heat would be more uniformly distributed instead of just on the palms.
    BTW, I live in Mass. too. Where are you from? I'm in Central Mass. near the Rhode Island border in Uxbridge.
    I love the roads in Connecticut to ride.

8. bonsi57

bonsi57 Active Member

Heated grips with the Hippo Hands work. I ordered mine from an outfit in Mississauga, Ontario. Google hippo hands and you will find them. Good luck.

9. trike lady

trike lady Junior Member

They work for snowmobile riders and even if they look silly, your hands will be warm and there wil be no draw on the electrical system.

10. ironmark

ironmark Junior Member