free website stats program handlebar muffs | Harley Davidson Forums

handlebar muffs

whacko

I'm trying to extend my riding season but here in Massachusetts the morning commute is getting cold already. I can keep everything warm on my hour ride on the highway except my hands!!! I ride a 2010 superglide but don't like the windshield and don't think it would do much for my hands anyway. has anyone tried the silly looking handlebar muffs that go over the grips with a quilt lined muff that extends up to the forearm? I see them online for about 30 bucks. Seems like a cheap way to extend the season if it is only my hands that I can't get warm! I know they look a little silly but if they work?!?!?!?

I've got a pair of "Hippo Hands" by Vettor. They were made back in the '70s and fit both bikes. I've had a lot of riders ask me about them. If the muffs are anything like them they will keep your hands and arms warm.

I'd say heated gloves are the way to go too. Seems like the heat would be more uniformly distributed instead of just on the palms.
BTW, I live in Mass. too. Where are you from? I'm in Central Mass. near the Rhode Island border in Uxbridge.
I love the roads in Connecticut to ride.

Heated grips with the Hippo Hands work. I ordered mine from an outfit in Mississauga, Ontario. Google hippo hands and you will find them. Good luck.

They work for snowmobile riders and even if they look silly, your hands will be warm and there wil be no draw on the electrical system.

Back