free website stats program Handle bar change | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Handle bar change

Couple more things, If your changing bars on a Wired throttle controled bike, make sure the bars are designed for the throttle positioner.
You can also use compressed air to "blow" a piece of twine throught the bars for pulling wires back through.
Use a little dish soap on the wire caseings to help them slip through the bars.Make sure you check the bars on the bike for clearence (tank, Fairing, etc...) problems prior to installing them.
Make a "diagram" of the pin connectors before you start, especially on the wired throttles, the wires for this system have to go through the bars and they aren't color coordinated at the pin connector.
Lastly, reconnect everything, loosley install the switches/housings and start the bike, check all switch functions before you put it all back together.

Here is the part # 56902-08
08 Heritage bars

Same handlebars I have on my 08 FLHR w/ABS brakes. At first I didn't think I'd like them due to they were "more turned inwards" than my stock handlebars. I could not of been more wrong! Higher, better turning radius and they feel just great for the long haul. From this photo you can see my arms are higher which for me (6'2" tall) is much more comfortable than my arms drooping lower which adds a pain through my upper center back/shoulder area.

IMG_0354.jpg

I changed out my softtail custom handle bars for a set off of a heritage and wow what a different , well worth the effort , didn't take but an hour.

Here is a picture of where the heritage bars fit on the Softail custom , quite a difference

Attachments

• smaller.jpg
    smaller.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 30
Same handlebars I have on my 08 FLHR w/ABS brakes. At first I didn't think I'd like them due to they were "more turned inwards" than my stock handlebars. I could not of been more wrong! Higher, better turning radius and they feel just great for the long haul. From this photo you can see my arms are higher which for me (6'2" tall) is much more comfortable than my arms drooping lower which adds a pain through my upper center back/shoulder area.

IMG_0354.jpg

ok, maybe this answers another question I had about this install. The MoCo website says that these handlebars are for bikes WITHOUT ABS. My bike has ABS and it looks as though you have it as well. What are the potential issues that would cause them to list it without ABS? Did you have to extend the ABS wiring? I hope this makes sense. :52:

ok, maybe this answers another question I had about this install. The MoCo website says that these handlebars are for bikes WITHOUT ABS. My bike has ABS and it looks as though you have it as well. What are the potential issues that would cause them to list it without ABS? Did you have to extend the ABS wiring? I hope this makes sense. :52:

From the 2009 HD catalog page 441.
56902-08:
Fits 08-later FLHR and FLTR models with original equipment ABS or non-ABS brake lines. No additional cables or lines required.

smkinnan: I did not have to purchase additional brake or TBW lines for this handlebar modification. Stock lines work. Buy the handlebars and your almost there. :s

From the 2009 HD catalog page 441.
56902-08:
Fits 08-later FLHR and FLTR models with original equipment ABS or non-ABS brake lines. No additional cables or lines required.

smkinnan: I did not have to purchase additional brake or TBW lines for this handlebar modification. Stock lines work. Buy the handlebars and your almost there. :s

thank you SO much....this is different then the number I looked up the first time. I appreciate your time and response :worthy

Back