free website stats program got a tip on exhaust from dealership, but will it work?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

got a tip on exhaust from dealership, but will it work??

I've got a set of the BCT Head Baffles for the headpipe. PM me. I'll sell them cheap. Might be too late, but wanted to offer them up.

They side into the hadpipe and they have a washer and some mesh metal cones on the end. I'll post pic when I can.

man , i just checked this today, i ordered them at work this morning, wish i would have checked here first! , why you selling them if i might ask? and are the easy to install?

Here is a pic of the header baffles from BCT that I used on my 09 RG with stock non-cat headpipe. Maybe the same as what you ordered, not sure.

I used them inconjunction with V&H basic slipons to quiet them down, but they also deepened the tone. BCT said I could pull out the baffle and just use these, but I would imagine they would be very loud. I pulled them off when I went with true duals and new mufflers.

Install was pretty easy, but I had to expand the end of the stock headpipe by like 1/16" of an inch for them to slip in. Some people file the edge slightly, but others the baffle just slide in. You have to drill a hole in the headpipe to secure the baffle with a screw.

Good luck.

I'll be posting these in the for sale section here soon.

BCTBaffle001.jpg

Back