free website stats program Good set of brake pads | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Good set of brake pads

Re: Brake pad reccomendations

thanks for the quick reply. Found a debate on here discussing brake pads, I'm still confused with all the opinions lol

Re: Brake pad reccomendations

The factory ones seem to take longer and longer to stop.

Explain what you mean. Your experiencing brake fade or excessive foot or lever pressure to brake in the same distance as before. How do your rotors look. Any discolor or circular grooving?

I just changed my Lyndall pads back to stock HD pads both gave me 16k miles and both have same amount of dust and road grime.
Lyndall pads $35.00
HD Pads as of today 51.00 bucks.. I did pay mor for the HD pad but In the recent years dealers have been closing shop all over so now I try to buy HD parts from them.

My last set were EBC pads, they worked well. didn't create a lot of dust or abrade the rotors. I'm going back to OEm this time though...they're just a good set, you get everything you need with the purchase.

No one has mentioned how they ride. I've always been a fan of EBC bronze sintered, because of my dirt bike days, but as me and my crew are more performance oriented and tend to rip and shred the twisties, these have blued and grooved my new rotors.
I'll spring for the Lyndalls next time.

Thanks for all the good info. Mine are due for replacement in the spring so think I'll stay with the H-D ones since I have no complaints. :)

Back