free website stats program Good set of brake pads | Harley Davidson Forums

Good set of brake pads

Redman

looking to replace my rear pads on my 09 FLHX this week and will have bike in for warranty work so figured I would have the shop replace my pads as I havent got much time this week. I was wondering what you all feel are good pads. I did get about 15,000 miles out of stock pads. I am also replacing the rear tire. I was goiing to us the same as stock as it lasted 15,000 miles as well...any advice here would be greatly appreciated...I should note that I did get the front changed out per the bulletin regarding cupping...no charge and it has only 1,000 miles on it now...thanks for the tip about that guys.:s

I would use the Genuine stock HD pads. They are low cost, they fit, their quiet and they work.

Additionally, Genuine stock HD pads are just the right hardness to allow very good stopping performance, are pre-grooved (an ol' racer trick) for less debris pickup, better wet weather braking. and will not scar or groove the disc rotors. Comes with the shims and spring retainer too. Some have complained a bit about dusting, so promote Lyndall pads, but I never had a problem with the stockers. :s

Never had a problem with OEM pads and they are almost always in stock

Stock works for me. I've got 27,000 miles on my 09 UC and the pads are still good. I bought a new set to change them a while back, but didn't need them yet.

From my 06 Ultra to my 08 Ultra all I have been using is Lyndall brake pads. No more brake dust to clean or eat away at my rims. Oh and the rumors of not braking well in the rain for the earlier pads. hogwash. I rode for 2 days in the rain to get to Sturgis SD in 07 pulling a trailer and never had a problem braking and riding two up to boot.

Now I have the goldz plus. They are not as hard on your rotors either. Check them out with the link below

Lyndall Racing Brakes - The worlds best Brake Pads & Composite Rotors --- Home ---

Brake pad reccomendations

I'm new to this forum and been riding about a year.I'm about do for new brake pads on an 08 dyna. It's a little confusing organic, organic w/kevlar, sintered, semi metallic. Anyone have any recommendations?. I've noticed after7,000 The factory ones seem to take longer and longer to stop. Put on a passenger, and quick stops aren't so quick. thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Back