free website stats program Glider, Hobbit and the rest of you TFI guys | Harley Davidson Forums

Glider, Hobbit and the rest of you TFI guys

ballpeen

As you can see this is my first post, although Ive been reading your Forum for a while now, It is time to say.........THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! You see, Ive been going crazy trying to figure out a fuel add-on for the bike. In fact I had a Thunder-max on order. But because of you guys, and your very clear to understand threads on this subject matter, I purchased the TFI from Dobeck, and I want you to know, I did not take advantage of the Forum discount, because I felt it was not appropriate. That was set up for members who have been here a while, not new like me. Any way Its on, very easy to understand, and for the crusing my wife and I are going to do, for us its just the ticket. So one more time... Glider,, Hobbit and the rest of you who helped me with this decision,, a very deep Thanks. TIm & Tracy :57:

Glad you like the TFI. It's a good solution to the fueling problem without being complicated.

Many happy miles to you and Tracy! :D

Been reading here alot u guts are a wealth of knowledge I would like to meet u all up close and personal some day ride hard

glad you happy with the tfi .. they work well . im running mine again over the pc iii

We've only had a chance to run the TFI for a couple of days, It seems their (Dobecks) settings were a little rich for what I have , stock 96 with a K&N filter stock air box, true duals with Khrome Werks 3.5 touring mufflers. By the way I love the sound of these mufflers, another story, anyway, We started with 3.0 3.0 3.5 4.0. I changed the number one pot down to 2.5 and the number two pot to 2.0. As per suggested readings that Ive found from this site. So far so good.. Tim

We've only had a chance to run the TFI for a couple of days, It seems their (Dobecks) settings were a little rich for what I have , stock 96 with a K&N filter stock air box, true duals with Khrome Werks 3.5 touring mufflers. By the way I love the sound of these mufflers, another story, anyway, We started with 3.0 3.0 3.5 4.0. I changed the number one pot down to 2.5 and the number two pot to 2.0. As per suggested readings that Ive found from this site. So far so good.. Tim

You can just about turn #2 off without noticing a difference. That's where the gas mileage decrease comes from.

You can just about turn #2 off without noticing a difference. That's where the gas mileage decrease comes from.

That is true i have shut Pot #2 off on mine to see what happens performance is still there

Set your #1 pot as per the instructions,listening to it at 1800-2000 RPM. Then leave it alone,the rest you can play with except #4 leave it at about 4 o'clock that is about 80% to your rev limiter.

Back