free website stats program "Get a new rider on the road" challenge! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

"Get a new rider on the road" challenge!

I like seeing new riders on the road.. I really like it when I go left and they go right at a stop sign!

People learning to ride and getting on the road is a great thing. But, there are waaayyyy to many 15 grand and 15 mile "bikers" riding these days. And that's why HOG is a great thing. It, for the most part, helps them get the experience they need in a semi controlled situation.

I don't bring new folks into the riding groove, much less recommend bikes for 'em or attempt to put them on a certain brand. If they want to ride, let 'em ride. If not, oh well.

New riders need to ride everyday. Rain, shine, hot or cold. Not just when the condition are perfect.

Don't look for me to mentor you. I have enough to do avoiding the bluehairs, the young rebels without a clue, cellphone talkers and texting idiots.

New riders need to spend some time on the streets and then they should take it to the track to improve their skills. Ain't nothing wrong with taking a Harley to an open track day.

I think it's something every rider should do. Taking it to the track gives you idea of your limits as a rider and the limits of what you ride.

Well I am new here. I just bought a 1988 Heritage Softail Classic fell in love with it at first sight. It's my first bike I am a 52 years old and have plenty time to ride now. taking a safety course mid July I have 3 close friends that also ride looking forward to a great summer.:D

Back