free website stats program "Get a new rider on the road" challenge! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

"Get a new rider on the road" challenge!

I think gas at 4 something dollars a gallon will do more to get people on bikes than anything else we can think of...
WAP.gif

Mine does too. He wants nothing to to do with an HD though. Maddening really.
All he wants is a Jap bike.

Bodeen

I just got my buddy and his two sons in. tchenning is new to here and not posting yet...his two boys (22 and 17 ) and him took the course together and are now riding together. They both outscored him on the written but he beat em on the riding...I have a pic posted under the lighthouse thread with 2 of them and my bike. working on my sons now...

The younger kids do love the cafe's.

This is a great idea. Even if people only get their endorsment, they will have new awarness of motorcycles. I for one always talk with friends about riding and how the road has a different feel than a car. Again. Great idea.

I just scored two more, One is looking at an 04 Fatboy (I think) and the other just bought a Yamaha V-Star...well, its a start. Actually it is a beautiful looking bike. Game on.

Saturday didn't go so well. My friend was having a great time refreshing his skills in a large parking lot. After about 30 minutes of shifting, swerving, braking hard and slow riding he pulled up next to me and shut the dyna down. He said he felt comfortable to do some roads. The dyna would not start. Nothing would come on. Not even the LCD odometer. I cupped my hands over the head light and could just barely see the filament had a slight tinge of orange. So, I went and got my trailer and we had to haul it back to my house. (I keep the battery on a tender but i believe it must have shorted/died completetly. Still read 12.5 volts with a meter but it would not light up a light bulb.)

I got a new battery on Sunday and everything seems to be fine. We are gonig to make another attempt today, but I think the "HD bug" has definitely bitten him: he went to 2 dealers and has been sending me a few used bikes that he likes, for opinions on pricing.

Hook, line and sinker!
We have a new rider on the road in MD ladies and gents!
My friend just bought a Fat Boy Low today. I hope to see a photo soon and to get him to join the best board on the web!
....still working on a co-worker.....

I scored a semi win, friend just bought a Yamaha somthing or other cruiser, sweet looking bike, so he is looking forward to some rides.

Back