free website stats program Gas Milage | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas Milage

A friend and I are up in Arkansas right now. I pulled my trailer with my wife onboard and he had his bike loaded with his wife and clothes. We ran interstate most of the way running 65mph. We both averaged 45mpg.

Hey Joe, how'd your wife like riding on the trailer?:lolrolling Just kidding but I couldn't resist. Seriously my 09ultra gets a pretty consistent 45 mpg. This summer I actutally got as high as 56 mpg between 1 set of fill-ups, and that was on the Blue Ridge Parkway. :s

I have a 99 RKC, just over 60K on it, I could average 52 if I kept it under 70, recently I put a Batwing fairing on it, my milage went down to around 48, then I added soft lowers and today I got 45, I expected the milage to go down with the lowers, but I didn't think the fairing would make that much difference.
Terry

Hey Joe, how'd your wife like riding on the trailer?:lolrolling Just kidding but I couldn't resist. Seriously my 09ultra gets a pretty consistent 45 mpg. This summer I actutally got as high as 56 mpg between 1 set of fill-ups, and that was on the Blue Ridge Parkway. :s

Ya mean in it!!:lolrolling

I thought 34-37 on my 01 RKC was not good, but now I feel better. That is with a sidecar and usually a monkey in the hack, but I do drive in the country mostly with few stops and 55mph speed limits.

On my 08' Ultra Classic, I get 42-44 city/country and 47-49 interstate travel with cruise set at 70 mph, usually, and had as high as 52 a couple times. The bike is standard Harley. I think that the quality of the gasoline is a major factor. I have had as low as 35 on various tanks from several stations when I couldn't get quality gas but when I get the next fill-up, I am back to normal mileage.

I had to go back to driving my VW TDI (diesel), 51 mpg, compare to my 09 stock UC at 39mpg,, not sure what's up i think there is only 2800lbs differance
When we get the new natual gas bike the mileage should go up

Back