free website stats program Gas Milage | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Gas Milage

My 09 ultra gets anywhere from 32-38 mpg. I do seem to run around 70+ on the highway. I just can't seem to slow it down when I get out on the highways.:bigsmiley24:

My 2006 Electraglide Classic gets an average of 42, But it was getting about 37 mpg when it was new, the more I drove it the better it got until about 1500 miles.
Dave

'97 Road King, 24,000 miles. My highway speed averages out to 65mph. I consistantly get 52 mpg, no matter how I ride it. I have the bike for 3 years and I'm still not sure what, if anything, was done to the fuel system. I'm not a mechanic, so if it ain't broke, I don't mess with it.

09 RK with ~6K. I check it every time I get gas. I average 43 mpg. Some more, some less. I try to use shell 91 and fill it the same way. Gas nozzle in the tank until it stops pumping then I pull the gas nozzle up until it is about 1/8" below the sheetmetal hole inside the tank. I barely squeeze the handle and watch for the fuel bubbles right at the small vent hole. If you don't try and get it at the same point, your calculations will be off a bit at each tankfull however, if you average the gallons used and the mileage over 5 or 6 fill ups, you will see about what your average mileage is. Number of miles divided by number of gallons = MPG

But, like someone said...WHO CARES? If you like riding a HD, it is what it is.

And if you like to see how your bike is running and if a problem is developing, a great way to know that is to keep track of your mileage. If the mileage drops for no apparent reason, ie. driving 90 mph, fully loaded, up hill for a few hours, you might have a fuel or ignition problem. At least that's what the 'ol man taught me. BTW, it works!

My 08 Road King with 22,000 miles averages around 39-42 mpg city/hwy riding. SERT, Stage 1 S/E Air Cleaner, V&H Oval Slip ons. I never really had an HONEST chance to get a good highway mpg test after my Dyno in early August. I bet around 41-44mpg if cruise control is set about 72mph. We'll know next spring....

How does you touring bike do on gas?
My ultra doesn't get the gas milage I got out of my H1 Kawasaki back in the day.
But now that I have run a couple of tanks through the Harley it looks like is is going to average upper 30's in mpg. First tank I calculated about 37 and had done more light to light driving that I would have liked, and the second tank I got 38 mpg.
Not too bad i guess. My 6 cyl van gets about 20 and my wifes 07 Malibu (4 cylinder) gets about 32.
Bob

On a Highway at 70+ around 42 to 43mpg. On two lanes at 58 to 65 average is about 44 to 46mpg. Have gotten as much as 47 with 2 up on two lane roads after I had it Dino'ed. For me staying 65 and under works best but as some has said it's hard to stay under 70 on the Highway. I've also noticed that when riding with a group my milage goes down...

The worst I have gotten is 34 (rolling pretty good around 75-80) and the best I have gotten is 41. This is on an 07 Ultra Classic with the 103, 255 cams, Vance & Hines Ovals and a breather. The bike has 13,500 miles on it.

A friend and I are up in Arkansas right now. I pulled my trailer with my wife onboard and he had his bike loaded with his wife and clothes. We ran interstate most of the way running 65mph. We both averaged 45mpg.

Back