free website stats program Furniture polish on bike | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Furniture polish on bike

Always used Pledge on my clear coated bikes and worked just fine. But from experience do not use citrus/lemon scents or you might find yourself running away from your bike due to all the bees!!

Blu

LOL! that is rather funny to me, I just got a visual from that, haha.......I've had that experience with my cage when I have the windows down and certain air fresheners in there.

Careful, pledge may work great but if it cuts into HD's profit margin they may claim it voids your warranty......:D

Petrolium base is the answer. Try (on a old car) that has scratches and chips etc.using Transmission oil. yes trans oil! put it on a clean rag and apply it like you were using a liguid wax. It will cover up all defects and put a shine on the paint also. You can even wax over it after you wipe all access off. this is no bull.

Hello to the HD Group,
After spending a considerable amount of time browsing thru "Self Help" forum, I have come to realize this Group has a very detailed and effective resource for Harley Owners and related parties. It is way too addicting and I do believe my wife has left me after several attempts to draw my attention away from this site. I want to thank you for all the help and common sense logic put into making this site by far, the best I have ever used. So Thank you. Now as another rule I rarely contribute my satisfaction or compliment's on other site's, unless it is to point out weaknesses and flaws that cost me time. This site does not portray any of those traits.
And on to my reply to "Using furniture polish". Yes I prefer Pledge on my interiors of my cars/truck, rather than "Armorall.
Hope I haven't jinxed my new favorite bookmark.
My spec's are 54 years old, raised until 18 in Milwaukee suburbs. Since 1982 and currently residing in Houston, Texas suburb, with my 03 SE Deuce, and o3 SE Road King, my 74 3 wheel HD golf cart, one 4 year old Doberman named Brabus, and until earlier today my lovely wife, Dee.
More to come and promise up front not to be so star struck on this site.
Rich.

Welcome to the family Rich,yes its a very bunch of knowledgeable folks on this site!! Not a whole of (EDIT) ,that I've seen on other forum's!
WAP.gif

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Pledge is cheap, readily available, and works great. Your wife may be mad when she cant keep a can in the house anymore.......

One more technique not mentioned yet, I wash the bike using a trigger spray mist with water or a mixture of water and car wash soap. Then wipe with a sponge and finish with a cloth and just about anybody's wet/dry spray detailer/wax. Maguires, Mother's, Turtle Wax all seem OK. Rain X made one I especially liked but stopped a couple of years ago. I have never had any water related electrical problems using this technique. There have been too many pleas for help which start out, "I washed my bike and now it won't...".
Usually after asking, it was either a pressure wash or a garden hose wash so I stick with the trigger spray method.

Back