Furniture polish on bike

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by jamesearl, Nov 19, 2013.

1. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

Anyone tried it? I have a can of Favor,same as Pledge I think.I've read some good things about it,as far as an all around cleaner.

2. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Never tried Favor, does it have the same ingredients as Pledge? If so I don't know why it wouldn't work.

3. propflux01

propflux01 Active Member

Some people swear it's the shiznit. I have tried it but doesn't impress me as much as using a quick wax such as Maguire's.

4. Nikko684

Nikko684 Active Member

What about washing your bikes? does anybody use the hose or is that considered bad? if so whats the best way? and does the furniture polish act as a wax or more of just a shining agent?

5. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

6. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Guest

Keep high pressure away from the wheel bearings and you will be OK

8. BluDragon

BluDragon Member

Always used Pledge on my clear coated bikes and worked just fine. But from experience do not use citrus/lemon scents or you might find yourself running away from your bike due to all the bees!!

Blu

9. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

You can look to see what the propellant is in the can. I did a lot of calling and talking with Johnson and J. back when they change Pledge...

Remember the color that came out of the can after the Gas Change?

It was a Cream white and thick. I asked them about the change and they Swore up and down NOTHING but the Gas was changed... Product the same.

Well I said to them SORRY, You WILL loose the bikers and the cars with what you have changed to.

They replied; they were thinking of the environment... HAW EPA Mandates.

The old gas was Petroleum based... I truly think it needed that Petroleum base to give us the Good management of their product. On and OFF not the same again...

Changing to a Nitrogen pressured gas did change something.:bigsmiley19:

signed....BUBBIE

10. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member Contributor

I can believe that.Years ago while attending one of my sons soccer games,in the Fall.There was a garbage can everyone tossed their food into.And the bees wouldn't let you near it.They can be aggressive at times.